Costco Prime briskets in North Jersey

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Hi All in NNJ got some good news regarding Costco's prime briskets in North Jersey.:: .Here is the E-mail I received from Meat/Deli/Produce regional supervisor.
Last week I had to drive out too the East Hanover Costco to get prime brisket.Looks like they will now be available in Teterboro store:clap2:.
DanB

Good morning Mr. Buonagurio,

I just got off the phone with our beef buyer in Seattle and I have great news. Starting next Wednesday we have added prime briskets to deliver to our Teterboro NJ location.

As we have previously discussed, shipments are typically Wednesday and Friday. Due to limited availability there may be low/out of stocks in between deliveries.

Thank you again for your patience
Have a great day!
--
Meat/Deli/Produce regional supervisor
District 5

Hi This more to the point for ALL my North Jersey Brethrens.The other was more of my quest for trying to get them in North Jersey.
DanB

Hi All the brisket/packers are in @Teterboro Costco.Be careful they also carry just the flats. Pick one up today..Shipments are suppose to come in Wednesdays & Fridays. You might have to ask a meat person to put them out.
DanB
PS Let know how you make out.

I'm guessing there isn't much interest for prime briskets in North Jersey.I hope they continue to stock them..I like their price!!
DanB

The first time I ever nailed a brisket was my first Costco prime. I love the flat portion but sometimes I find the point has too much fat too render. I dont do burnt ends. Slices could be too rich. There was also alot of fat to trim which wasn't the biggest deal but add in that they cost a little more and the price point made me bow out.

Due to covid restaurant depot is open to the public and I have taken a liking to superior angus choice briskets. They have them in the 12-13 lbs range which is perfect to feed 10 or so people for $30

Enjoy the Costco primes, they were my goto for a few years

Brisket

The first time I ever nailed a brisket was my first Costco prime. I love the flat portion but sometimes I find the point has too much fat too render. I dont do burnt ends. Slices could be too rich. There was also alot of fat to trim which wasn't the biggest deal but add in that they cost a little more and the price point made me bow out.

Due to covid restaurant depot is open to the public and I have taken a liking to superior angus choice briskets. They have them in the 12-13 lbs range which is perfect to feed 10 or so people for $30

Enjoy the Costco primes, they were my goto for a few years

Hi Before my local Costco starting carrying packers I had to drive a 1/2 hr to get a Costco prime. It was a Black Angus Prime it is in freezer so I haven't smoke it yet. I used to get choice Black Angus at my local Restaurant Depot.
DanB

Costco

Great news for you Dan...congrats!!! Any idea on what the price will be?

Hi The price in the East Hanover Costco was 3.49. it was a trip for me. I went there last week and purchased a brisket.I didn't know they would show up soo fast at my local store.
When the briskets finally arrived in my local Teterboro Costco they weren't even out yet.
I ask a meat person and he was kind of to get them and out a price tag on them..His price tag said 5.69, so I showed him a pic on my phone from the East Hanover store and he changed it..
They both have the same # 44816 so the price should be same. My local store always had flats @ 5.69, maybe that is where he got the 1st price from.
DanB
PS So now I have 2 briskets 1 is 14.5 lbs he other 11.5. The 14.5 that i got at East Hanover is Black Angus Prime. he other from my local store just says prime.

Hope East Hanover can get them in stock more regularly as thats close to me. Been only able to find them there a few times over the last couple years.

Costco

Hope East Hanover can get them in stock more regularly as thats close to me. Been only able to find them there a few times over the last couple years.

Yeah that seems to be a problem in regular Costco's.When the Business Center in Hackensack was open to the public, there was always Prime & choice briskets a lot of them..At times there were cases stock up right under neath.
They closed the Business Center and made it into a distribution center, when the Virus hit.

I hope they keep coming into the Teterboro store.

DanB

Costco

Hi All The Teterboro Costco Prime brisket turned out really well. Both the flat & point were juicy & tender.

I still have East Hanover Black Angus Prime brisket to smoke..If it is any thing like the Teterboro brisket,which was juist Prime I'll be happy very happy.
DanB

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_174128017[1].jpg
    IMG_20200729_174128017[1].jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 34

Hi I was told East Hanover gets briskets in on Wednesdays & Fridays. Don't know how true that really is. I've only been to there once. The briskets were not out in the meat counter. I had to ask a meat person about them so he went and got a case and put out them out?
DanB

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_192435971.jpg
    IMG_20200715_192435971.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back