THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bergenguy

Knows what a fatty is.
Some of you may have been following the prior thread on this topic (about a 1,000 based on the views), and had seen the disappointing conclusion to that thread.

Well, I just got back from Hackensack and there is good news. I swung by there today to buy some pork bellies and as I was walking in the cooler I noticed a sign that said "Prime Briskets 3.69 a pound" with two briskets on the shelf under it. I asked the meat manager about it and asked if they had more I could sift through. He said they only had the two, but would be ordering more.

He remembered me from last week and said that after we spoke he had gotten more requests and he had a commercial customer that set up a standing order for two cases a week. So he made the decision to start carrying them on a regular basis. He said he just put in his order and it will be at least ten days before he receives his first shipment.

So looks like we will indeed have a source for Prime Briskets in North NJ.

Keep your fingers crossed.

I mentioned that in the last thread. The manager called me and told me. I updated the thread. He said he can’t guarantee her always have them on display hence the post I believe your replies to. As far as central NJ they are only at business centers not regular stores.

Some of you may have been following the prior thread on this topic (about a 1,000 based on the views), and had seen the disappointing conclusion to that thread.

Well, I just got back from Hackensack and there is good news. I swung by there today to buy some pork bellies and as I was walking in the cooler I noticed a sign that said "Prime Briskets 3.69 a pound" with two briskets on the shelf under it. I asked the meat manager about it and asked if they had more I could sift through. He said they only had the two, but would be ordering more.

He remembered me from last week and said that after we spoke he had gotten more requests and he had a commercial customer that set up a standing order for two cases a week. So he made the decision to start carrying them on a regular basis. He said he just put in his order and it will be at least ten days before he receives his first shipment.

So looks like we will indeed have a source for Prime Briskets in North NJ.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Hi They let you walk around in the cooler? You must know the right people there.:thumb:
DanB
PS How did the briskets look?

I mentioned that in the last thread. The manager called me and told me. I updated the thread. He said he can’t guarantee her always have them on display hence the post I believe your replies to. As far as central NJ they are only at business centers not regular stores.

Why only business centers? The Princeton, NJ is the only Costco in a 50+ mile radius - I don't understand why they wouldn't want to sell them. Where are they keeping all the points hostage? :icon_pissed

I have never in my life seen a packer brisket at any store other than Restaurant Depot. That would include Shop Rite, BJs, Sams' Club, Whole Foods, Wegmans, Stop & Shop and so on.

Why only business centers? The Princeton, NJ is the only Costco in a 50+ mile radius - I don't understand why they wouldn't want to sell them. Where are they keeping all the points hostage? :icon_pissed

I have never in my life seen a packer brisket at any store other than Restaurant Depot. That would include Shop Rite, BJs, Sams' Club, Whole Foods, Wegmans, Stop & Shop and so on.

That certainly can’t be true. There is one in Freehold and one in Edison but not business centers. Anyway I’ll in East Brunswick this weekend. I might be able to snag one or two for you I’d you’d meet me there. Might be a good opportunity for me to drag DanB along to Costco tomorrow as well.

That certainly can’t be true. There is one in Freehold and one in Edison but not business centers. Anyway I’ll in East Brunswick this weekend. I might be able to snag one or two for you I’d you’d meet me there. Might be a good opportunity for me to drag DanB along to Costco tomorrow as well.

I got plans for the weekend. Maybe another time when your going to the Hackensack Costco.
Thanks DanB

Back