THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would echo the sentiments about soaking them, for me two days and not just one. Change the water several times to get the salt away from the meat. The end result is very good.

Yes you can smoke a corned beef. Soak it in cold water for at least 24 hrs changing the water every few hours, then cover it in pepper if you want... then you have this...

The corned beef is just way too salty if you aren't going to boil it. You really need to get that salt out if you are going to smoke it. I go 48 hours in water in the fridge and I change it several times. I am very happy with my Pastramis. I smoke at 250-275 until 160 or so IT. foil and cook till probe tender or about 190+ IT

I do it like Marty but I pull it out of the smoker at about 160 and then steam it stove top in a dutch oven to finish. It's more like the deli meat I grew up eating.

I'm gonna try making some pastrami from a piece of topside, which I'll probably cook til it's about medium then slice very thinly. Kinda like a cross between deli roast beef and pastrami

Back