THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Out of town in FL for my Wife's brother's wedding which was yesterday. Had a really fun time. Today was just relaxing and before the newlyweds go on their honeymoon tomorrow they came over tonight to the townhome we rented. Weren't expecting them to be around, but when they said they would come over I ran out to Publix to get some food. Didn't have plans for anything specific, so grabbed a few steaks and some shrimp.

Cut the ribeyes in half which was perfect for all of us. Not a very robust kitchen in terms of tools to cook with, but enough to get the job done. Also had roasted broccoli, some bread and bob evans mac!

Here's the hilarious part...............as I was heating up the pans on the stove to sear the steaks before putting them in the oven I got them relatively hot not being used to how hot the stove settings go. Then in the one pan I put some oil in not thinking it was too hot and this is the hilariousness that ensued :shocked:

Only about a tablespoon of oil to immediately burst into flames :thumb:. A few of the others freaked out, but I just put it into the sink and you can see me to the left of the fire prepping the rest of dinner as it burns out :mrgreen:. Sister in law caught this awesome picture :becky:. Watch out for those hot pans! Seen way worse in the kitchen I used to work in. The black smoke cloud is so funny. Smoke alarms were blaring.

I have lit up our kitchen stove (oven)Thanksgiving morning,wife freaked,I laughed.Good memories!!!

Your steak is cooked to perfection!

Back