THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Squash and Mushroom Hominy: found this in the current issue of the Southern Living magazine and liked all the ingredients and gave it a shot. It was in a story about two brothers in Charleston that have a best selling James Beard award winning recipe book out and also sells southern food staples online (too expensive looked like to me though) but I will probably order the book based on the reviews. This recipe is in the book and has hominy (doh), bacon, onion, mushrooms, yellow squash, lemon juice and rind. Very tasty but we decided it wouldn’t suit a lot of people and we are not adding it to the Christmas dinner menu which is why we wanted to check it out in the first place. We also did the Hot Slaw a la Greyhound Grill and liked it a lot too but didn’t get any pics of it cause we just used green cabbage and no red, so it weren’t purty by no means but it was good (slaw with bacon is gonna be good though). Here’s a pic but first here’s their website to view those over priced food items and that cook book that I’ll proly wind up with. www.boiledpeanuts.com.

IMG_3441.jpg

I crave wings and screwed up the last two batches but got this one just right and actually thought I’d bust a gut before I forced myself away from them. Cooked indirect at 275 for about 1 hour and 45 min seems like and I rearranged them and flipped em just once I think. I know that saucing em before serving is good but when they are done I am in too big a hurry to dig in so I usally just pour a bowl of sauce to dip em in. I used about a half bottle of PapaDemos Lemon / Herb marinade / baste and didn’t feel they need additional seasoning, so they cooked the entire time without anything else going on them. I will definitely get some more of this stuff if they have anymore. Also used some “Spicy Buffalo Wing Sauce” made by Here & Now instead of the usual Texas Pete and it is outstanding and adds a lot more flavor than the TP, but I gotta take time one of these days to bath em in a some of this stuff with butter before serving.

IMG_3446.jpg

This plated photo is kinda screwed up as I was trying a new camera setting.

IMG_3449.jpg

Nice looking wings! I just picked up a bottle of Texas Pete while I was in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to have to give it a try on some wings.

Texas pete goes great on wings. If you want hot use there buffalo wing sauce and get ready.
Good looking grub brother.

Back