THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If it isn't a Plowboys or Blues Hog product, it goes in an unmarked container. We were hiding our Butcher's marinade, but now we put a sign out advertising for David.

I limo tinted the vend window on the trailer this year. There's a time to socialize and a time for business.

If you ain't on the team... get your own recipes.

I never really thought of it before. I have worked out of my trailer, but it has air conditioning and keeps the bugs away. I have put up sides on my easy up, but that was for shade while prepping the meat. I guess I need to be more aware of what I am doing and be more friendly.

I will say this, after having done prep in SMokin Crackers trailer with A/C cranking on a really hot Florida day, it is the way to go

If it isn't a Plowboys or Blues Hog product, it goes in an unmarked container. We were hiding our Butcher's marinade, but now we put a sign out advertising for David.

I limo tinted the vend window on the trailer this year. There's a time to socialize and a time for business.

If you ain't on the team... get your own recipes.
Oops thanks for reminding me of sponsor obligations. If it aint Smokin Al's original BBQ sauce....:biggrin:

We went to an enclosed trailer last year, and almost never do anything inside. (Mostly because I hate cleaning out the inside....) (Or maybe its because anyone that comes out to support us, uses the inside of our trailer to store all their worldly belongings, and I couldn't use the work area if I wanted to....)

Our booth has always been open, and will always be open to anybody with good intentions.

I can honestly say that we've never had anyone "shiggin' around" at crunch time. At least, I've never noticed. At prep time, "here's what I'm doing" - especially for a new team with interest.

In terms of the public, I will say that sometimes they can be tough, and fortunately the greater numbers of people are kind and respectful. A kind word is all that I've ever needed when encountering a strong personality.

When we set up, we only put up sidewalls to deal with the weather - keep rain and wind out, keep heat in. Otherwise, our site is generally pretty wide open and competitors are welcome to stop by anytime. They don't come by at turn-in because they're too busy themselves.

The one thing I have a hard time with is if my site becomes a short-cut to get through a row of teams. Then, I'll put up ropes or something to steer them in another direction. Someone mentioned things walking away earlier, and that is my concern if there is a lot of public traffic.

When visiting folks, I always stand in front of the site and say hello. I rarely just walk into a site unannounced, even if I know the folks. Most everyone is friendly enough to invite you in anyway. If they are busy, I'll stop by later. I'm not trying to steal any information. I'll ask questions because I'm always curious what other people do and want to learn as much as I can. If they don't want to tell me, I don't take it personally. A team I cook with on occasion was set up next to Jack's Old South and they told them everything they do. They didn't seem too concerned.

Folks need to relax and have a good time. Yes, I like getting calls, but I'm more intersted in enjoying myself and meeting a lot of nice folks.

Back