THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sounds like you might be a little over zealous in your presumptions and you're way off the mark about "the teams in Marietta that are cheesed off"...

For a team to get some decent scores (7 and above) but then have a 5, even a 4 and not get a comment card is inexcusable IMO. If it hasn't happened to you, it's going to.

When you hear of good judges that you know talk about filling out comment cards for 8's, giving some great constructive criticism as in "if you will do ______, you would have got all 9's from me" and then you walk away with the scoresheet and see you got a single 5 in taste in one category....you look for the comment card and it's not there. You speak to the Rep and the Rep says they asked the judge to fill it out and the judge flat out refused....

That judge can KMA. That's not "cheesed off".... that's realizing there's no respect from that judge for what we do.

Carry on...

Hey Man. I think you are confused on what I meant. I meant that there ARE good teams that ARE pissed off about the results of the contest.....really strong teams that usually finish fairly strongly in all the events they cook. One guy even posted a picture on his facebook page with a band-aid across his rear end that says "ouch" incinuating he got f*cked. That is all I meant.

I'm tickled about the results and personally, I think overall the judges did a good job in Marietta.

I do agree with your comment on a comment card.....We have been fortunate over the past couple of years to receive good and bad comment cards. They have helped us tweak our cooking to the point that I feel our team has pulled everything together now. For the judge that refused to fill one out, he should be banned from judging.

I looked at the team list for Euharlee last night.

All I can say is WOW. I really don't think there's 1 team there that anyone should overlook. That contest is severely stacked. I'd say the level of competition at Euharlee is well above the level that was at Sam's.

Gonna be a fun weekend.

Who were those couple of guys (teams)?

Not gonna go there my friend........this would be my opinion and I'm not about to offend anyone here...intentionally anyway...If I have, I do sincerely apologize. Over all the entire field was strong. The judges of that event got some mighty fine Q. Out of the 30 (I think there was 1 no show team so 29 scores), there were only about 5 that we didn't worry about. All the others we felt were strong teams and quite honestly we didn't feel like we had a chance. We placed 6th, so we are tickled to be going to the regionals.

This all being said, I'm sure that everyone is looking at my team and going "WTF...how did those guys make it" so I'm sure that in sizing up the competition, we were at the bottom of alot of lists as well.

All I can say is WOW. I really don't think there's 1 team there that anyone should overlook. That contest is severely stacked. I'd say the level of competition at Euharlee is well above the level that was at Sam's.

Gonna be a fun weekend.

DAAAAMMMMMMMM. Oh yea, that is going to be interesting. Several of those guys are super hot right now. I have a wedding in St. Simon's and can't make it this year. Ya'll have a good one.

Gonna be a fun weekend.

Thank you sir. Here is that list: http://www.euharlee.com/events_bbq-teams.aspx

We've worked hard to produce a quality event that will attract quality teams. I hope everyone that comes out to the little town of Euharlee, GA this weekend has a ball.

Back