THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMHO I like St. Louis cut spares. I don't like baby backs because I have gotten bone splinters in them when band sawed at the butcher. With St. Louis cut we are in control on how the are trimmed. Because of this I think they look more uniform and present better. It's just our opinion.

I use to use spares only.... but the last few times I got them, they were mostly all fat, and according to my meat tasting judges (family) the flavor was just fatty, no real meat flavor....

So, I started getting baby backs from Sam's Club. They have, so far, done me good. I have only had one rack out of probably close to 30 so far that had a broken bone in it. These ribs are also what I used to get 1st place a couple of months ago in a near by ribfest.... so, for now, I am sticking to them. It did take a little getting use to cooking them when I switched, but now I have them down pat... and believe this one or not, I cook them 5 hours.... and they have had great reviews by everyone that has had them.

What kind of Patron is that? It's messmerizing... It would look good stuck in a block of ice....

yeah, I always manage to have the expensive tastes... No wonder why it was messmerizing... :cool:

That caught my eye quicker than the Patron did! LOL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOT.....I've done them both ways, with and without a rib rack, I'm just happiest without one....but I like to foil my ribs, so laying flat just seems to work out better for me.......

I finally graduated from the dumb class and figured out how to do an avatar... I did score '0' on a geek test that they did in the green room.

Back