THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West River BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Bill
I'm feeling a little sticker shock, mostly because I squeeze a nickle for all it's worth. Yup, kinda cheap. So it got me thinking, what's the most you've ever paid for comp registration?

I believe one of my comps last year was $335 with 30 amp power. The first one I signed up for this year is $310 with 30 amp, $275 with 20 amp.

I think it was $300. There is one this year that wants $350, with 30A power, but only access to a central water source. We will likely pass on that and use the money to enter 3 or 4 steak cookoffs (typically $125-$150 entry fee, steaks included.

Are you considering Wyoming events?

Casper is $550 for a two-day event, 20 amp service, Thursday arrival and Monday check-out, Kids Q, free ice and other perks like Calcutta wagering.

Worland (14th year) is $250, Thursday arrival, free ice, Mystery meat & sauce adders, Kids Q, Bluegrass festival, car show, 32 teams max and 16 teams are signed up already.

American Royal is north of $1k for us.

I think other than that the most we've paid was $350. Most of ours are in the 175-250 range.

Hands down the Royal, almost $1k. Washington DC was expensive, I dont remember it being that much, but it is a unique contest. Otherwise the most I spent for a one event contest was $450 and that was for a Smoke on the Water contest in Las Vegas at the Orleans. It was a $150,000 contest though..

Alright, I'll stop my whining. I've signed up for two this year that are $200 each with electricity. My third, the closest to my home, was close to $285. $1200 in DC?!!!

Back