Commercial Smokers - Insulated Vertical Style or Rotisserie Style?

dustcollector

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
dust
Hi guys,

Am finally thinking of scaling up my business and investing in a commercial smoker. As I am based in Vietnam, I would need to import it in from US, and with minimal maintenance/servicing works.

Currently my setup is a Insulated Vertical Smoker, but its too small and uses only wood without gas assistance.

I have shortlisted M Grills and Ole Hickory but would like your suggestions on which to go for!

What I am looking for:
- Able to smoke and hold temperature for long hours without manual feeding of fire.
- Compact and able to shift easily
- Need to be under exhaust hood as I am operating from a restaurant
- Minimal care and maintenance works

Thank you everyone!

My church bought a propane assisted wood burning Old Hickory that I was in charge of running. It worked great.

I’ve never used a commercial smoker, but considering that you want low maintenance/servicing it seems to me like IVC would be better because it has fewer moving parts.

I'd be looking at what I call "semi-automatic" smokers. Burns real wood splits, air and gas assist are computer controlled along with rotisserie. You can load up your large format meats at your end of day and they're perfect for the next day meal service. The rotisserie is key IMHO because the food can smoke for very long periods evenly with no attention.
Southern Pride, 'Ole Hickory and J&R Manufacturing (Oyler) are just of few of the machines with great reputations. Ive eaten que from these pits and it's excellent.

I'd look at Ole Hickory first as it is my understanding they have the most readily available parts from many sources. Then J&R, and finally Southern Pride last since they seem to have the most proprietary, manufacturer only, parts.

Back