Columbia, MO - July 27th & 28th

Selling tables is against the rules. I wonder who we could contact and get a straight answer from as to if they are doing it...I remember one year at Boone Co contest that they were selling raffles for the meat that was left over after the judging and when confronted they didnt know anything about it...Even though a very good source heard it going on.

We have some KCBS Board members here. That's a place to start.

We could all go in there under the team name BBQ BRETHREN

i am gamed for that just turn it in to an night of drinking sound good to me :mrgreen:

york

We could all go in there under the team name BBQ BRETHREN

i am gamed for that just turn it in to an night of drinking sound good to me :mrgreen:

york

And the whole team would go up for every call. :shock:

Seems like I've heard something about too many cooks in the kitchen. My vote would be Mark Hyman cooks and the rest of us drink. That would be the first GC for most of us. :lol:

i feel sorry for the poor sucker that would go up against all of us
and i would know that dam trophy would be gone :icon_shy

york

And the whole team would go up for every call. :shock:

Seems like I've heard something about too many cooks in the kitchen. My vote would be Mark Hyman cooks and the rest of us drink. That would be the first GC for most of us. :lol:

How about everyone cooks and it dont matter how many cooks are in the kitchen...We all know what needs to be done....Just go out and have a good time..Let the record show that we have not done good in our last few contest:mad: Like I said if everyone would get one the same page we are there:twisted: :twisted:

If I lived in MO, i'd vote for the Brethren Only Comp...WilliePaLooza was a Brethren only comp and a total blast.. its a no stress, all fun event..

BTW.. for the record.. "BBQ Brethren" is my team name inside KCBS.

I think the real issue here is we have two people locally that are contest organizers, Jamey being one of them. One tends to run a contest in the interest of the cooks, one tends to run a contest based on his own personal needs. I believe the majority likes the way Jamey runs a contest, and will continue to attend these events. If the other party wishes to not change his organizational thinking, that is his preference. Then it us up to the cooks to cook his contests or not. We are fortunate enough to have 4 contests a year in our hometown, not many others can say that. Choosing which ones to support is each ones decision based on many factors. I believe there are avenues to take to try and persuade ones way of thinking, and we have a year to try and do that before just up and saying "I'm not going back". If we try and then there is nothing changed, then this event may be hard pressed to get enough teams to even be santioned, there is a lot of bitterness right now by many.
I can't change what's happened, but collectively, we may may a difference for next year.

Now.....does anyone give a chit that I'm one of the Best Bar-B-Quers in Boone County?????:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I think the real issue here is we have two people locally that are contest organizers, Jamey being one of them. One tends to run a contest in the interest of the cooks, one tends to run a contest based on his own personal needs. I believe the majority likes the way Jamey runs a contest, and will continue to attend these events. If the other party wishes to not change his organizational thinking, that is his preference. Then it us up to the cooks to cook his contests or not. We are fortunate enough to have 4 contests a year in our hometown, not many others can say that. Choosing which ones to support is each ones decision based on many factors. I believe there are avenues to take to try and persuade ones way of thinking, and we have a year to try and do that before just up and saying "I'm not going back". If we try and then there is nothing changed, then this event may be hard pressed to get enough teams to even be santioned, there is a lot of bitterness right now by many.
I can't change what's happened, but collectively, we may may a difference for next year.

Now.....does anyone give a chit that I'm one of the Best Bar-B-Quers in Boone County?????:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I give a chit......... but that's about it!

Now.....does anyone give a chit that I'm one of the Best Bar-B-Quers in Boone County?????

Now look at what's been created. We have to listen to this chit for a farkin year !!!!!!!!!

Congratulations kick!!! You the man!!!!!

I'd like to meet this "didler" fella and all the Belly Brothers. They are my new idols!! :wink: Congrats on best BBQer in Boone Co.!!

That's farkin awesome, Gary! You deserve it! As much effort and time as you put into your Q! And dedicating the brisket win to Brother Scott... that's one of the coolest things I've seen on this forum. And there's a lot to choose from that's really cool here. Nice going!

I am sending in a contestant critique of a sanctioned KCBS and it will not look good for this contestant. I'm not suprised he did not pass out any becues he did not want kcbs to find out hot bad it is at this contest.

They handed some kind of opinion sheet out with all the boxes on Friday night. Everyone should fill theres out if they so choose to do so.

Everything we have learned over the years have been from the Brethren. Win our loose we always have a good time because we choose to have fun with our brothers. I want to personaly thank all of the teams for being at the contest because if it wasn't for you guys and gals being there it would just be a bbq contest with no fun involved. Thanks!

Back