THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swinn

Full Fledged Farker
Who would have thought that keeping my temp down would be a problem today. It's w
30 degrees out and my bandera is wanting to run at 350. I am smoking a brisket for Christmas and i want to run around 275. Had to add water to the pan to keep the temp down. I love a Challenge.
Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

It amazes me how such a simple design like the UDS can actually perform so well. Even in cold temps the thin steel is good enough to hold a good temp (or this case too good). I just did three salmon filets yesterday on a beautiful, sunny day in MN with 8 degrees outside and had to battle to keep the temps below 200.

Same here my uds is running high to, and its 18 here I'm really impressed. I got 2 butts & a turkey going
Ha ha, it was colder here. I win. :biggrin1:

I am getting several giftcards for Christmas to Lowe's. My Christmas request was to let me build a UDS. She has told every one who asks to get me gift cards to Lowe's so I can get all the parts and I have a barrel already lined up to go get. i am exited to get this build going. The UDS is a real mizer with fuel compared to the Bandera which is killing me with charcoal and wood costs.:blabla:

I am getting several giftcards for Christmas to Lowe's. My Christmas request was to let me build a UDS. She has told every one who asks to get me gift cards to Lowe's so I can get all the parts and I have a barrel already lined up to go get. i am exited to get this build going. The UDS is a real mizer with fuel compared to the Bandera which is killing me with charcoal and wood costs.:blabla:

Try this when you make your UDS to really save on fuel costs:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112518

Now I need to see how much Pipe I need for the nipples and a pipe going up the side to the ball valve. I have a plumber friend who is going to give tit too me.

Back