THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update - Cuckies off the Smoker

Here is an update from my cook last night. Here are a few images after I started chopping. I thought I had one of the whole chuckie just off the smoker but apparently that one did not take or I accidentally deleted it.

First the shot just after chopping:

chuckie2.JPG

Close up of the smoke ring from one of the pieces. The smoke came out well and had a good hickory smoke flavor.
chuckie3.JPG

After adding the pan drippings back in.
chuckie4.JPG

I thought the first few bites were moist and tender, but felt it was a little dry after the initial servings. Even after a good 1.5 hour rest wrapped in the cooler. Wife confirmed with her opinion after the guests left (good to have someone not afraid to give an honest opinion - can come in handy if I ever do start to compete).

It really soaked up the pan drippings. I wonder if I need to actually cook it in the pan and more braise it next time. This time I cooked it on the rack just above the pan and not in the pan. Foiled at 160 and pulled if off around 192 after my probe test showed tender. Flavor was good though.

I through some sausage balls stuffed cheese on for apps as well and hoped to have pics of those, but they went way to fast for me to get the camera out.

Back