THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sleebus.jones

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
sleebs
Going to be a quiet day at the homestead with rain, so it's a great day to BBQ! For the live part, I'm running my Fireboard, so if you want to watch the cook, you can do so right here:

https://share.fireboard.io/B7DC54

Pre-salted a chuck roast ~24 hrs ahead of time

LhXEdLMl.jpg

I tie all of my pork roasts to help them keep shape. Chuck roasts always want to fall apart, so why not tie it?

So I did. One string around the middle holds it together nice, and also makes it much "fatter" the tighter you tie the string. Helps make the thickness more consistent. I've wet the meat with Worcestershire and used a no-salt version of the Big Bad Beef Rub, since I had applied salt earlier.

87fo8U4l.jpg

On to the indirect side of the PG1000

HjcmHkwl.jpg

Happy to be out of the rain today

jDx8mn0l.jpg

Haven't had a pulled chuck in a long time. Gotta go on the list of upcoming cooks. Interested to see whether stringing it together made any difference.

Well, I didn't kill it:

nhQhxhMl.jpg

A2CgOJjl.jpg

Oddly enough, I could have gone longer. When I saw how much it shrunk, I panicked and pulled it. Shoulda left it on longer.

Back