THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMOKE FREAK

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Craig
I wasn't trying to make a blow yer face out HOT chicken sandwich. Instead I wanted a nicely spiced, full flavor, hot chicken sandwich...
This is how it happened...

Started by making some bleu cheese dressing with the help of my lovely wife...

Then I mixed a pint of Mad Hunky Nekkid brine with 2 T. of chipotle powder...I make my chipotle with an equal mix of Serrano and Jalepeno smoked with pecan and it packs plenty of heat...I also added a good shot of Spiced rum to the brine. The alcohol works well to pull the oils from the peppers so that they can go deep into the chicken...

After 6 hours I dumped the brine and dried the chicken...

Rubbed them with olive oil and breaded them with a spicy mixture of Lefty's and House Autry med. hot...Then I put them in the freezer for an hour...This sets the breading and gets the chicken very cold...It gives the breading a chance to get done before the thin chicken is overcooked...

And smoked em with cherry on the 14" WSM...Took about an hour to look like this and have an IT of 165...

Meanwhile I toasted some wheat sub rolls on the kettle...

Time to make the chipotle wing sauce

Heated a cup of white vinegar with 2 T. chipotle powder...

Screened out the powder to get a deep red smoky hot vinegar...

And stir in butter a T. at a time till it wont melt any more of the butter...Just like making a butter sauce...Too much heat will break the sauce...

And finally the sandwich...
Lettuce, bleu cheese dressing, chicken and sauce on a toasted roll...

Another view...

A great sandwich! Cold beer and extra napkins is all you need...

As always thanks for lookin at my cookin...

Back