THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think quite of few that will be attending could possibly outdrink willy(ie), do i hear a challenge in the making?

The team list has been updated. Talk about representing!
http://hamcli.com/
The 81 Thunder Run & Chili Cook Off
Team List
We are shooting for a total of 15 teams so spread the word. You think you got the best chili then step to the plate!
  1. HELLS ANGELS MC - Providence R. I.
  2. Demon Knights MC
  3. Mortal Skulls MC
  4. The Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
  5. Bridge Runners MC
  6. Family Jammin MC
  7. Iron Maidens MC
  8. Queensboro MC
  9. Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs
  10. BBQ Brethren - WESTEX BBQ
  11. Trashed MC
  12. Kamp Krazy Kevin
  13. BBQ Brethren - Swamp Pit BBQ
  14. BBQ Brethren - Red Hot Loco Peppers
Deadline for sign up is April 1st or once this list is full which ever comes first.
chili%201.gif

I'm not competing, but I may be judging. I'm also serving as a special adviser for Westex on the appropriate beans to use in true Texas chili.

Eric

I think the Red Hot Loco Peppers need to make green chili.
I was thinking about doing the green but since it is one category with red or green as the option i most likely will not. I know it will not do well against the red which is the majority of what most will cook. Even though my green tastes good people eat with their eyes. The green doesnt look that appetizing compared to the red.

I was thinking about doing the green but since it is one category with red or green as the option i most likely will not. I know it will not do well against the red which is the majority of what most will cook. Even though my green tastes good people eat with their eyes. The green doesnt look that appetizing compared to the red.

For sure.

I "table captained" an ancillary chili category at an FBA event.
One green chili entry--it tanked big time.
By far, the best tasting chili of the group, but.....

TIM

For sure.

I "table captained" an ancillary chili category at an FBA event.
One green chili entry--it tanked big time.
By far, the best tasting chili of the group, but.....

TIM
I entered it last year in a chili fun cook that was blind judged. Received the same response from judges afterward who came to my tent for more! They told me they scored it down just base on the appearance. I have never cooked red so this should be interesting. I asked the organizer if he would consider splitting it up but since it is a first year comp they are trying to keep it simple.

Update!

There may be room for one or two more teams!

Shoot Rod an email and he will let you know the details.

It would be great to have another Brethren team there.

Eric

Got the update today from Rod, everything looking good.
Here is an excerpt fyi:

"There will be trophies for both first place finishes (Judged & Peoples Choice) and ribbons and metals from 2nd to 5th in both categories! There is a motorcycle gas tank that has been painted by John Cassatto that will be given to the motorcycle club (MC) that finishes the best out of all the MC's. The tank will get their clubs name and year put on it and remain in that clubs club house for the year until the 2009 chili cook off in which it will be returned and competed for again. (Like the Stanley Cup of the chili cook off)

There will be a cash prize of a $100 for first prize Judged & $75 for First Prize Peoples Choice. Jack Daniels Distillery will be giving a bottle of Single Barrel Jack to both first place prizes, a bottle of Gentlemans Jack for both second place prizes and a bottle of regular Jack Daniels for both third place prizes. The Blue Point Brewery of Long Island will be giving each Team a six pack of there fine beverages to drink or cook with which helps you make the best chili. Also Blue Point will be giving half gallon jugs for first threw third place in both categories.

Live Music will be the Rock-a-Billie sounds of the "Razorbacks".

Hope y'all come out to see us win this thing!
(except the gas tank.)

I wonder if anybody is going to think outside of the box and do a white chicken chili? Usually, if it stands out, AND TASTES GOOD, those are the ones that win.

Well, you never can tell with this group of competitors.....

1. HELLS ANGELS MC - Providence R. I.
  2. Demon Knights MC
  3. Mortal Skulls MC
  4. The Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
  5. Bridge Runners MC
  6. Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs
  7. BBQ Brethren - WESTEX BBQ
  8. Trashed MC
  9. BBQ Brethren - Swamp Pit BBQ
  10. Queensboro MC
  11. BBQ Brethren - Red Hot Loco Peppers
  12. Native Riders MC
  13. Kamp Krazy Kevin
  14. Ace of Clubs MC
  15. East End Venom

Would be pretty cool if the BBQ Brethren MC club won the top prize and got the gas tank painted with the Brethren colors and one of your team names to keep in the clubhouse till 2009.

Were exactly is the Brethren clubhouse on Long Island ? Phil's trailer or Willie B's ?

With the exception of Big Barry, who else is going to come down and support some Brethren teams this weekend?

Back