THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A splendid time was had by all, 18 teams and a huge crowd.
Great music by the LI Hornets, 4 piece rock-a-billy band and Rod from the Hot Dawg Truck Team ran a great contest as usual with precision timing.
It was a Angels MC sweep in the Peoples choice I believe and the only one who could crack the rankings was Team OOFFAHH (Phil, James and Willie B) who snagged 3rd I believe in the Judged category.
It was a great time and lot's of fun and the people were amazing...
Here's one pic so far and will organize and post more when time permits.......

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 67
sorry for delay.. I'm on very limited internet access till my hard drive arrives. (2PM today rumor has it).

great time.. this event is loads of fun. Surrounded by Hells Angels and beautiful harleys. Some of these bikes were works of art. After this round, I realized that the only way we can snag a peoples chice is if all the brethren come down and vote too.. I mean, here we are, 3 BBQ teams among 15 other motorcycle clubs teams. Then 500 of their friends roll in and vote for their favorite, duh!! Even though its open to the public, i didnt see alot of folks not in full colors. :redface: We had the full monty out for peoples choice.. chafers filled with nachos, cheese, 3 different peppers, red onions, spanish rice, etc.. most other teams were just giving out the littel cups,w e were doing bowls(yes, shameless attempt and 'stacking the deck';, Oh, did i mention I had jackie and sharon down there in biker garb collecting tickets and coralling folks to us? Again, shameless exploitation of family members for a chili trophy. :mrgreen::evil:

well... missed the peoples choice again, but we got a walk for 3rd place judged.. came with a bottle of jack and a jug of Blue point.

video on the way.

A couple of members of the public said to us, "This is great chili, but I'll still be voting for my own club." So what we need to do is form our own club.

I'll be riding this:

20_rubmobile1_lg.jpg

Per Vinny's request

Good Luck Brethren !!

Pics of hot biker chicks will be appreciated along with any others of the event :biggrin:

Here's a few, (gotta get permission for one more, though, tba.)
And the last one here is for the artistic folks....

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 56
Contest results overall

Greetings All

Attached you will find a word document with the results of the chili contest 1 threw 18. Only 1-5 has been posted on the web site.
Congratulations to MIXED BLOOD LINE MC for there first place finish. If you want to attend the ICS New England Regional Chili Cook Off you have been invited. Get intouch with me fast so we can set it up.

Before you look at the results I got a chance to sample most all of the chili that day and there was not a bad one in the bunch. If you did not finish where you thought you should have don't let that discourage you. All it means is that group of judges for that particular day were not in your favor. If your chili was on a different table with different judges the result may have been different. All that matters is that you were happy with your final product. So if you thought yours was good then think about how good the others were that finished in front of you!

The HELLS ANGELS Motorcycle Club of Long Island thanks you all for coming out and making the day such a blast! A special thanks goes out to Eric Devlin for organizing and running the judging. Also to the BBQ Brethren Teams for making such a strong showing. All the MC's and the independent chili teams for stepping up to the plate and pumping out some good eats! Anybody looking to book a band for your next event they were the rock-a-billie sound of "The Long Island Hornets". We also thank Blue Point Brewery and The Jack Daniels Distillery for sponsoring our event once again. If you get a chance to stop by Blue Point grab yourself a jug a beer it is super fresh and delicious.

One more thing if anyone took pics of the day from the run which had over 250 bikes on the ride to the cook off please email them to me. I did not have a working camera that day.

Oh yeah almost forgot, See you all again next year. Get the tank ready!

HELLS ANGELS
Motorcycle Club
LONG ISLAND
www.HAMCLI.com

81 Chili Cook Off Results 2009
Judged
1) Mixed Blood Line MC
2) Leather Necks MC
3) Oooffaaahhh! - BBQ Brethren
4) Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs
5) Bridge Runners MC
6) Ma's Que Crew - BBQ Brethren
7) Swamp Pit - BBQ Brethren
8 ) Trashed MC
9) Queensboro MC
10) El Guapo Chili Team
11) Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
12) Demon Knights MC
13) Unforgiven MC
14) Red Hot Chili Choppers
15) HAMC RI Smoke n Mirrors
16) WesTex - BBQ Brethren
17) Mortal Skulls MC
18 ) Sacred Steel MC

81 Chili Cook Off Results 2009
Peoples Choice
1) Queensboro MC
2) Trashed MC
3) Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs
4) Mortal Skulls MC
5) Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
6) Oooffaaahhh! - BBQ Brethren
7) Demon Knights MC
8 ) Red Hot Chili Choppers
9) Leather Necks MC
10) Sacred Steel MC
11) El Guapo Chili Team
12) Bridge Runners MC
13) Mixed Blood Line MC
14) WesTex - BBQ Brethren
15) Swamp Pit - BBQ Brethren
16) HAMC RI Smoke n Mirrors
17) Unforgiven MC
18 )Ma’s Cue Crew - BBQ Brethren

Hey. With that crowd, I'll take 6th in peoples choice anyday, and I think we did third in judged last year too. I had a blast. Still suffering the effects of trying to balance out the chile in the last hour. I think I dumped a pound of 5 different chili powders in there. OOOOFAAAHHHH !

Next year I'm going to buy a couple of judging tickets so I can at least get my own team to vote for me in People's Choice!

do what i did and beg, argue, bribe and grovel.! The road to victory has no pride. :)

do what i did and beg, argue, bribe and grovel.! The road to victory has no pride. :)

Didn't Eric just start a new thread, looking for new contest categories? Shameless Groveling sounds like it might have potential! You have to cook something that neither looks nor tastes appealing (I've got that part sewn up), then you attract votes using any non-cooking technique you can think of :wink: I like it.

6th place beating out a bunch of MC is very impressive.

I'm not complaining, Sled. I'm happy we pulled sixth. I just blame myself for not realizing we would need some tickets so we could vote for ourselves. Old age is setting in.

The event itself was a lot of fun.

More Pics

Westexbbq Team, featuring himself

DSC00238.jpg

Swamp Pit, absent Julie, who was probably schmoozing

DSC00237.jpg

Two thirds of Ma's Que Crew, absent myself...

DSC00239.jpg

Team Ooofaaah...

DSC00240.jpg

A couple of local ne'er-do-wells...

DSC00242.jpg

Wally, from the Unforgiven MC, who had the misfortune to be surrounded
by all the above...

DSC00244.jpg

Back