THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enrico Brandizzi

Babbling Farker
EVERYBODY at home starts loving Chicken Wing.
Those taste really good and crispy skin helps deliciousness-
But crispy skin is something I'm still studiyng how to achive.

This attempt details:

60 minutes @500F
Season All by Simply Marvelous
Vortex on site
Next time I will cut cooking time to 50 minutes (they were a little dry).

IMG_9109 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_9122 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_9128 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_9133 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_9144 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_9149 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_9150 by Enrico BBQness, su Flickr

thanks for stopping by.
Enrico

They look awesome!! An hour at 500 does seem like it might be long. I usually cook em low until almost done them put the glaze or sauce on and finish with a high heat to crisp the skin.

Great photos too!!

Good lookin wings! I've been cooking my wings on the WSM with no water pan on the top rack! The skin crisps up pretty good. I cook at 375 for an hour so I would assume 1 hour at 500 degree's is a little to long.

Great looking wings and I cook mine with a vortex as well. My kettle settles in at 450 - 475 dome temp and I found 40 minutes works well with average size whole wings.

Scrumptious looking wings! I have a Stok Drum on the way to me. (CyberMonday Target deal). May have to try out some BBQness-inspired wings for the inaugural cook!

Great looking wings Enrico. As always, try not to cook by time, but by temp. Wings are dark meat, so pull when they get above 165*. I prefer higher, like 180*.

Those wings look really good. I am in the smoke then sear camp. We love smoked wings better than any other way. I smoke them over apple chunks in my WSM for 1-1/2 hours at 250. Then tighten up the skin for just a few minutes on a hot grill. Perfect every time.

They look awesome!! An hour at 500 does seem like it might be long. I usually cook em low until almost done them put the glaze or sauce on and finish with a high heat to crisp the skin.

Great photos too!!

Decoy, you are perfectly right! Next time I'll cut time at 50 minutes.

Back