THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am hoping this is a case of where some of the new folks on the KCBS board would see that in Wisconsin theres a small team count and small number of contests that this deal is going to hurt every one. I dont remember where it was mentioned but a some point in the last year folks were talking about a committee that would look at conflicts in sanctioning new contest that may meet the mileage requirements but still conflict with each other. This year is a done deal but hopefully in the future maybe a compromise could be worked out. Kenosha was a great contest with the potential to grow a lot. Washington Island will be a great setting also. I just hate have having to choose.

Being a first time competitior, I don't plan on more than 1 at most 2 full sanctioned KCBS events just due to finances, but I could see the dilemma. All I know is that everyone I have talked to has said nothing but great things about Kenosha. Hopefully that will be my one this year.

I am hoping this is a case of where some of the new folks on the KCBS board would see that in Wisconsin theres a small team count and small number of contests that this deal is going to hurt every one. I dont remember where it was mentioned but a some point in the last year folks were talking about a committee that would look at conflicts in sanctioning new contest that may meet the mileage requirements but still conflict with each other. This year is a done deal but hopefully in the future maybe a compromise could be worked out. Kenosha was a great contest with the potential to grow a lot. Washington Island will be a great setting also. I just hate have having to choose.

I have brought up the same problem for Michigan and it is a problem for all states with smaller number of teams. KCBS can't use the same sanctioning rules for WI, MI, or any smaller states as they use for Kansas or Missouri.

• Thanks
Reactions: Coz
Back