THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

it's not only a lot of fun to make this stuff yourself - but on top..

* you know what exactly goes into those sausages - no mistery fillers.....:shock::roll:

* this stuff (specially the fancy cured stuff..) is a lot cheaper than in the "gourmet" stores - check the price of cured hams, prociutto etc... a lot of places are very "proud" ($$ wise..) of their wares..

so today, to make some space for my next load of stuff in my dryer..
I sliced up some cured Carne Salata ( a salted prociutto made from pork cushions (boned out picnic shoulder.. @ $1.69 per lbs..)
HPIM4079r.JPG

HPIM4083r.JPG

and some Bresaola (Airdried beef made from beef sirlion @ ~ 4.99 per lbs..)
HPIM4085r.JPG

HPIM4088r.JPG

and all it took is some reading...
very clean/sanitary handling of the goods , spices and..
patience while it's in the dryer ..
or in case of bacon, sausages etc.. - in the smoker....:mod:

That's awesome.

Hey anybody remember they used to give people in prisons and mental institutions saltpeter? It was supposed to keep the sex drive down.

That's awesome.

Hey anybody remember they used to give people in prisons and mental institutions saltpeter? It was supposed to keep the sex drive down.
Not while I was there :becky:
I think it is actually a myth

That's awesome.

I don't 'remember it' because I wasn't there:p
but I read aboutt it, they used to give it to guys in the military too.
It is BS that it has any effect on the sex drive or hormonal system. ALl it did was help them die younger.:mad:

Thanks I'm going to go check that book out.The safety part of it always worries me. Got the smoker any other things that I will need thanks again.

Back