THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks just like walking into Paul's Deli in Jersey City, NJ. The stuff would be hanging on racks suspended from the ceiling. When you'd walk through the door, you could smell all the meats and cheeses, and you'd end up buying more because the intoxicating smell would make you hungry. I miss it. *sigh*

Thats a tough act to follow GARNAAL! Looks like some awesome stuff there!

Here's what I can find pictures of. A mixture of savory and sweet bacons:

1b1fd506.jpg

ec89cc13.jpg

c5467239.jpg

f061b0f9.jpg

be667beb.jpg

And some sausages (chorizo & breakfast)
screen-capture-721.jpg

Great thread... Looking forward to see what other goodness will show up! :thumb:

Cheers

Last edited:
Some really, really awesome stuff here - my stuff is a little more primitive. :oops: How about a sausage party :shocked:

Did these awhile back - can't remember what kind they were. I'm sure there's some Italian, maybe Kielbasa, and it looks like a couple of little fatties wandered into the picture.

raw
sausages.jpg

cooked
cooked.jpg

raw
picture.php

cooked - I've gotten better about the ends since I made these
picture.php

Great thread y'all! :thumb:

You guys are all making me homesick. lol Guess I'm gonna have to learn to make my own. :mrgreen:

Whooo Hoooa!
That bresaola is making me salivate, and it is hours before breakfast time!
臘腸 Lap Cheong I love, they look light in colour, which liver did you use in those babies?
Oh strewth, I LOVE pate...looks so good!
I wanna try cajun sousse too.
Well done brother, well done!

I did not use any Liver in this chinese sausage - it was a Lou Poli recipe I followed..

Whooo Hoooa!
That bresaola is making me salivate, and it is hours before breakfast time!
臘腸 Lap Cheong I love, they look light in colour, which liver did you use in those babies?
Oh strewth, I LOVE pate...looks so good!
I wanna try cajun sousse too.
Well done brother, well done!

you will find the recipes for the stuff I make here..:p

http://oldjinks.blogspot.com/

if you find something and the description is in Dutch -and you want a translation to English- let me know..

You guys rock!!! Dry cures and all.

Gulash2009012.jpg

Gulash2009016.jpg

Cured and cold smoked wild hog and wild hog sausage.

Gulash2009006.jpg

cured and cold smoked venison shoulder

Gulash2009007.jpg

Slanina (Cured and cols smoked Slovakian style bacon.

Gulash2009005.jpg

Cured and cols smoked domestic pork shoulder.

Capozzoli - amoungst all things you show here - I'm just salivating...

that Hog sausage loooks great -
you mind sharing the ingredients ?

Actually the butcher made the sausage for us. It has garlic, caraway seeds, paprika salt and pepper. He also added the curing salt for us too.

I haven't done too much homemade sausage. What I have done has been pushed in one of those funnels with my thumbs. :p

Wow. That is some impressive meat. :thumb:

I got carried away at the meat market a few weeks back and ended up with two full pork bellies. I made some bacon. Easy. Turned out pretty good.
P1000500.JPG

IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_3794.JPG

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3805.JPG

WELL - now you all did it....
can't stand looking at all this good stuff anymore..!!!! :doh::laugh::doh:

I'm runing off to my Chinese butcher and get me some pork belly and a shoulder to brine and put in the smoker....

why do I keep looking in here ?? it drives me :crazy:

Never enough bacon...
From this weekend - figured I'd hit it with pepper this time:

baconhang.jpg

baconcooked2.jpg

baconslices.jpg

This is my third time making bacon - I have some questions (I'm looking at you thirdeye!) but I'll do that in another thread in the next day or 2 so we can keep the pron coming in this one unabated. :hungry:

Man everything looks so good.Is it hard to learn how to do all this stuff?

Nope. A lot of folks, myself included, go to this book a lot:

Amazon.com: Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing (9780393058291): Michael Ruhlman, Brian Polcyn, Thomas Keller: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gO0bcPi8L.@@AMEPARAM@@51gO0bcPi8L

Read the safety stuff at the beginning of this or any other curing book. I'm no expert, but while curing/smoking meats isn't necessarily hard, it is imperative to keep your wits about you and to pay attention to recipes, methods, etc.

There is a very real risk of food borne disease, but by paying attention and using knowledge it will not be a problem. I feed my family and loved ones sausage and bacon, so I take a great deal of care in what I make, as I am sure all the rest of the guys here do.

I strongly recommend you check it out - it's a lot of fun and really farkin delicious - much better than what you would get in a store. :thumb:

Back