THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I use Trader Joe's and Stubbs but I've heard that Stubbs has been discontinued.

In our area the 15 lb bag has been discontinued and Lowes was selling them for $4.88 a bag. Cleaned out 2 stores and the rest was slim pickings. They have new pallets of 14 lb bags for the same original $9.99 price in the stores now. Same price, less product.

I use whatever I can get on sale. Like others I don't mind using KBB for grilling. I also compared KBB and K Pro and still found that Stubbs produces way less ash and burns hotter and longer in my cookers. I also very much prefer the taste from cooking with Stubbs. For my Akorn I mostly use Royal Oak. In the Humphreys I get the most burn time and least ash from a basket full of Stubbs.

Whatever is on sale. Right now I have Stubbs that I got from Lowe's for 4 bucks a bag.
KBB 2 packs for 9.88. Royal Oak lump $7.88 at HD today.

Back