THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
I've been doing this for a few years and always have plenty of food. However, with food cost the way it is today, I'm rethinking some of my calculations. Also, I enjoy seeing what other people estimate for amounts.

So here is the menu:

St. Louis spare ribs, bonelessturkey breast, boneless pit ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, baked beans, rolls, and cobbler. Crowd is plant workers, 90% males.

Potatoes are instant potato pearls, gravy is instant, dressing is uncle ben's with onions and celery added. Cobblers are frozen in pans @ 6 pounds each

So, with this info, how much of each food would you cook?

thanks,

Robert

3 ribs, 3oz of turkey and ham, 4 1/2 or 5 Full Size Deep pans each of Potatoes, Stuffing and Beans. Assuming your serving it.

You should have sold a veggie with it to help improve profit, as well as make the cobblers. IMHO.

On second thought, I'll leave my opinion out of the discussion.
Except: think twice about ribs - high food costs and if you don't serve them the first 30 guys will wipe you out.
Good luck.

PS: I'd do pulled pork, BBQ beans, and cole slaw...so, I guess I didn't completely stay out of it!!

Back