Cast Iron Griddle for 22" Weber?

AKMIMNAK

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jonathan
I know I've seen this on some dude's YouTube BBQ channel, but I can't seem to find it on the Goog.

It was a halfmoon cast iron griddle that covered one half of your Weber Kettle Grill surface. Really nice for making flat-top style burgers, philly cheese steaks, even breakfast.

Anybody know who makes it?

Sounds like adrenaline bbq’s drip and griddle. You can find it on their website or amazon.

Depending on what you want, a local fab shop could cut circular steel in half for you.

When Pizza steels became all the rage, I looked into why they were so darn expensive, marketing hype. Most oven racks aren't going to hold a 1/2" steel so, I looked at a 3/8ths myself which depending on who and where was ~$30~$40 for an oven-sized piece.

A 22" Kettle size is going to be similar cost. Add $2~$5 for cutting it circular and in half and you are done! Oilfield suppliers can do this easily and sometimes very cheaply if they have a scrap piece they can cannibalize.

Kinda scares me that bed bug spray is advertised along with those.:twitch:

Since everything Amazon does is based on some algorithm from other users search results I guess one is left to conclude that people who own a big green egg are statistically more likely to have bed bugs? If so, that would surprise me.

Wait wait I've got it, if you can afford a BGE you are more likely to be able to vacation internationally, the more you travel, the more you are likely to come into contact with bed bugs. There.

Maybe think outside the box. Search for cast iron pizza pans, griddles, or anything else you can think of. There are options out there that can be much less expensive than some of the things I have seen above. It isn't difficult to find something up to around 17"...above that will require a little homework.

Attachments

• L17SK3_N.jpg
    L17SK3_N.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Looking at getting a rectangular reversible griddle from Lodge. Thank goodness for Google's hypotenuse calculator :clap:

Back