THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WSM18Lang48

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Rich
I recently picked up a Hunsaker griddle for the Weber 26. The nice weather inspired me to cook outside just about all day. I cooked up grilled cheese and pork roll grilled cheese for an early lunch. Then shi****o peppers for an afternoon snack followed by smash burgers for dinner. I really like this griddle, it is my favorite kettle accessory. I’ve got to make stir fry on this griddle soon! And cheese steaks!

Not sure why the name of the peppers have been censored 🤬 but w/e. 😝

Attachments

Looks great, the only thing that could make it better is if it had a way to swing up a end of it to add wood or more coals for a large cook, wood flavor with a nice sear would be hard to beat on a lot of food imo

Mike, I was originally concerned about adding fuel as well. I’m surprised how little fuel it takes to heat up to 300-400 even with a 26 in kettle. All I need is 1/2 to 3/4 chimney starter worth of briquettes. Set the bottom damper to 1/2 and I’m set for a few hours. Most, if not all, things I would cook on the griddle cook hot and fast. A good set of heat resistant bbq gloves is necessary to put the griddle top on after the hot coals are poured onto the charcoal grate.

I also have the Hunsaker griddle for the 26. I liked mine so much I bought the 14 inch griddle for my Weber little smoky.

Looks great. I have the same griddle plate and use it in my Weber Summit Kamado and really like it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back