THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Jeff, thanks for jinxing us!! I had fun drinking with you guys. I think your prediction was CRAZY! Everybody knows that Mark is gonna take this one!!! But I bet Bub and I will win the drinkin' contest.. By the way, what is up with my partner getting a little frisky with the betting? You would think he would be as tired of giving our money away as I am!!!!

Fark!

Fri
Apr 13

11.gif
Showers65°/50°60%
blank.gif
65°F
Care for Your Plants in the Rain
Sat
Apr 14

39.gif
Scattered Showers61°/42°60%
blank.gif
61°F

Put me in on the side bets. Anyone that want to try a clonsicle be over at Ulcer Acres at 8:30 am or 11:00 am on Saturday morning. That is when we always do the good luck shots. We usually do the shot over at our villa. We are a 40 ft Thor Transport Toyhaule with a carp flag flying over top. I will try to get our sign up but sometimes it dont happen. And with me not getting there untill late afternoon Friday, I would imagine Marla wont get it done.

Fark!

Fri
Apr 13

11.gif
Showers65°/50°60%
blank.gif
65°F
Care for Your Plants in the Rain
Sat
Apr 14

39.gif
Scattered Showers61°/42°60%
blank.gif
61°F

Chin up Jeff. We can probably see the forecast change 5 times between now and the weekend.
According to NOAA this is what they are saying right now. It's too early for the extended from our local tv station.

Friday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.

PUH-LEASE! Thank you but PUH-LEASE! You must be drinking like me, Jeff and Wayne have been tonight! :lol:

And I just checked Mike Davis's Web site and it says he and Debbie will be at "Grillin' on the River" at Columbus, Mississippi the weekend of Capital City cook Off! Thank God!!! :wink:

If you have already given up, why show up at all!! I don't see anyone on the list that I "FEAR" We all have the same chance to prove ourselveles at any givien contest!!

66 Teams!! We Welcome the Challenge!! Jeff!! Either S**T or get off the pot!! It's crunch time buddy and the pressure doesn't stop!! But please don't predict the outcome and leave alot of proven winners out!! Bad Call!!

Spice

I got myself in trouble before by exuding confidence. I'm keeping that to a minimum. :wink:

Oh and my prediction... just messing with Bub and Jeff a bit. :lol:

got my pit back on friday sat fixed an couple of things cooked all day to day on it i am ready for jeff ran or what ever elce can come i an just glad to have my pit back home

york:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just got back from Jefferson City dropping the trailer off at Bruce Rings and have an update for the contest this coming weekend. He does have 66 teams and it looks like a whos-who of midwest bbq teams. He said he will have four generators plus regular power, so he will have plenty of power. If you are planning on staying Saturday night he is cutting the generators at 4:00 pm so plan on your own power for the night. We are staying saturday night so make sure and look us up. He will not have running water but he will have a place to fill up at the entrance plus fill up stations and water buffalos delivering water during the weekend. We will be on grass but he said it is very level spots. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Plus he showed us the trophies he has and they are very nice. He is giving out trophy placques for the top ten in each categories.

Just talked to Bruce. They are full at 66 teams, with about 15 teams in the backyard cook and 25-26 in the Buck-a-Bone. Looking foward to see ing everybody there. Some I already know and some I hope to meet.

Hey Jim, did he let you see a list of the 66 teams? I emailed him asking and his answer was "you can see a list when you get here". I was not impressed.

Sounds like the weather is going to be crappy!! We are bringing the Fire Pit. Who's bringing the marshmallows??

Skip: Sounds like a good night for your famous Coffee!!

Best of luck to all of the Brothers!!! Let's do some Walkin' this weekend!!

i was told running water is this not true ?????
york

just call bruce no running water son of a b ---------
dam dam dam
york

Sounds like the weather is going to be crappy!! We are bringing the Fire Pit. Who's bringing the marshmallows??

Skip: Sounds like a good night for your famous Coffee!!

Best of luck to all of the Brothers!!! Let's do some Walkin' this weekend!!

From what I just watched on the local weather, crappy may be an understatement! They said a good possiblity of strong storms, some of them severe. :roll: Kinda wish this was on pavement but oh well... ya make do and persevere! :wink:

Hey Jim, did he let you see a list of the 66 teams? I emailed him asking and his answer was "you can see a list when you get here". I was not impressed.

I did not ask for the fear of getting that kind of response. I was born and raised in this town and have never known Bruce til now. I will be there Friday morning around 8 am and I'll ask then if you want to PM your cell to me I will call you and tell you.

Here is the local stations weather. Can't always go by it though. They get it wrong just as much as they get it right. I'm be optimistic here. Looks like a 40% chance of rain both days. That means there is a 60% chance it won't rain at all.

Web5day.jpg

Back