Camping dinner?

Our favorite camping meal is as follows:

BBQ Bone-in Pork Chops (dry rub, high heat reverse sear, sauce and enjoy)
Foil pack red potatoes (butter/parsley/onions/garlic)
Dutch oven cornbread (box mix in a dutch oven is easy and tasty)

Provided you have ample cooler space, your choices are pretty much unlimited. I used to take a Smokey Joe, and now that i have the tamale pot mod I take the entire outfit.

Generally for my scratch cooking I will stick to steaks or chops, burgers or sausages because they are easy, and don't take up too much room. The hobo potatoes in foil are a good choice, and I also don't have a problem in taking pre-made things in foil pans, in fact my Smokey Joe Tallboy is a great oven. A pan of enchiladas with a side of green chili is pretty good, as is a pan of chicken and dumpling style noodles. In fact about any casserole type dish you like can be taken and reheated at the edge of the fire or on any kind of grill.

For breakfast I like to make breakfast burritos ahead of time and wrap each one in foil, they do get a spray of oil to prevent sticking.

Spatch a couple of birds they cook in 1.5 hrs, meat loaf/ roasted olive oil & roseamry potatoes, about 1 hr, Pork chops/ Sweet tater wedges & baked apples less than 1 hr,
If you want to do a Butt use the ring of fire run the Weber WFO 45 min lb. You can also do Hobo pouches & Smores about 1 hr, Burgers & Dawgs/ Pork & Beans,

Ribs, can't go wrong with BB ribs! I did these over the summer on campground grill, came out fantastic. I cooked for about an hour or so then foiled for about an hour then back on the grill to cook a little longer then on with the bbq sauce to finish them. If you have a kettle the possibilities are endless.

DSC_0617.jpg

DSC_0622.jpg

Me and the GF have decided.:-D The GF reminded me that we have ribs cooked already in the freezer, that were leftovers from a cook off, and we will pair that with some chicken breasts and have some red potato with rosmary and garlic. For dessert pineapple upsidedown cake. And to drink some Reds apple ale.

Back