THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
OK- So I decided to try out the Cajun Bandit on the Weber Performer, use the EZ-Que Rotisserie ring and the Char-Broil basket- because I can-don't ask why??

I actually used 2 baskets and fired up the Cajun Bandit modded kettle and cooked indirect with it. I'll let the pics speak for themselves!

Untrimmed thighs-half marinated in Stubb's Chicken Marinade and dusted with Johnny's Lemon Pepper Sea salt seasoning and the rest in Italian dressing with Plowboys! Kingsford briqs and Orange wood for smoke.

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

Modded Cajun Bandit kettle-indirect drip pan in center Kingsford with Orange for smoke. Legs with Stubb's and Johnny's
IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

Plowboys Yardbird
IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

Dinners ready!
IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

Had enough leftover coals to do a spatchcocked bird on the Performer!

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

Observations: The Cajun Bandit works fine on the Performer, but the rotisserie is a bit too high, so I'll probably never use it again, but I had to try it to see for myself. As a smoker, I think it'll work great if you got it.

The chicken turned out great-the Stubb's has soy sause so it tends to burn, I liked the flavor. The Plowboys and Italian was the hands down favorite!

Enjoy!

Nice.... I would have to try myself... I am one of those too... that is what makes my Dad who has been "smoking the meat" (and I am the girl) in this family... that is why I now smoke...

I would eat Killer lookin' grub... wondered about the burn - with the soy sauce

What no drum action? How sturdy is that Cajun Bandit?

You would be surprised! I kinda sat on the fence for a few months on this one, but wanted something to use at comps instead of dragging a kettle around. The cylinder has rolled edges, the door fits tight and the legs are very sturdy.

Like I said I just wanted to see for myself how it worked on the Performer. I've seen a lot of people on the bullet site that got them, but only seen pron from one or two guys out of them all.

JD and I sprung for a couple 22" WSM's and I'm hard pressed to give up any of my drums! But it had narrowed down to one drum (chicken cooker) and I'm gonna give the Cajun Bandit a shot in competitions and use the rotis on it. I've already gotten a First Place in Chicken with it last time out so I'm rollin' with it.

That is some good lookin eats there, I'd hit that... If it works for ya, then stick with it....

If you dont mind me asking, how tall are you? I have been looking at the cajun bandit for my performer as well, but wondered if it would be too high to use without fuss. I am 6' 1". Thanks for the great pics, looks like this should work great unless you are 7' tall :)

Looks good bro...but you forgot one very important thing...MY INVITE TO DINNER...sheesh...:twisted:

ur driving me towards getting the cajun bandit!!! but what i really want to know is where did you get those rotisserie baskets???

Lowes

Char-Broil Universal Fit Rotisserie Basket #153177 @ $8

If you dont mind me asking, how tall are you? I have been looking at the cajun bandit for my performer as well, but wondered if it would be too high to use without fuss. I am 6' 1". Thanks for the great pics, looks like this should work great unless you are 7' tall :)

Exactly! I'm 6' 2" and the Cajun Bandit cylinder on a Performer is 49" tall without the lid on. Cooking on the top rack is fine, the lower rack might be a challenge for those not as tall as us but no big deal.

I doubt I'll ever use it on the Performer again- I was just playing around to see how the One-Touch vent performed with the ash catcher in place and see if I would want it on an OTG.

I'm pretty happy with the way it cooks on the OTS kettle frame and it is about the same height as a 22" WSM.

IMG_1079.jpg

Back