THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Guys

Cooked a few briskets in my time, but have never done burnt ends. The whole thing usually gets consumed. On my last brisket, I cut the point off (after it was cooked) and vacuumed sealed it to try to make burnt ends with one day

that day has come

I want to try them tomorrow, right now the point is thawing in the fridge. Its not real big, the brisket was only about 8.5 lbs

I did not separate the flat from the point, I just cut through the brisket where the point ended.

So how do I proceed? Did some reading, smoke it for about 2 hours or so then separate it, cut it up, put some rub on it then in a foil pan for awhile?

thanks for any (burnt end) tips !!

Here is my preference. I usually separate the point when the flat is done. While the flat rests, I cube up the point and put it in a pan. I give it a good coating of my sauce(s) of choice and maybe add some rub. Then back on the smoker for as long as I want but an hour at least. You will see that the fat continues to break down and the burnt ends will redden. I stir them every so often. Eventually I like them when they are super tender and the sugar in the sauce has started to thicken a little.

Back