THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
After seeing Wolfe Pits hot wings I had to try to make some Hot Wing ABTs. This is how they turned out.

Assemble the ingredients.
ABTsBuffalostyle2_zps41cbe7b7.jpg

Almost forgot the star actor!
ABTsBuffalostyle4_zpsad073127.jpg

The OTG Performer has been on the sideline since I purchased a OTG 26.75 so I better show her some love.
ABTsBuffalostyle5_zpsc04f129f.jpg

Decided to use breasts so I could be more time efficient.
ABTsBuffalostyle9_zps4c1e1cb4.jpg

Nearly ready to pull off the grill.
ABTsBuffalostyle15_zpsee8e6373.jpg

Oh so good and so juicy.
ABTsBuffalostyle14_zps9dc07a90.jpg

I chopped up one of the breasts and mixed it with Blue Cheese for half and cheddar & cream cheese for the rest.
ABTsBuffalostyle17_zps90119ebd.jpg

Stuffed the jalapeños.
ABTsBuffalostyle19_zps7fa3e112.jpg

Wrapped in bacon!
ABTsBuffalostyle22_zpsb00dfda4.jpg

On the grill with the leftover bacon.
ABTsBuffalostyle24_zpsf778618d.jpg

DETOUR-I added the other chicken breast to some hot-dog buns and topped with the extra blue cheese and the cream cheese-cheddar mixtures.
ABTsBuffalostyle26_zps658af53f.jpg

Placed on the grill to melt the cheeses and toast the HD bun.
ABTsBuffalostyle30_zps53508d9c.jpg

Plated with the bacon after I cooked it up crisp.
ABTsBuffalostyle37_zps4a35f706.jpg

Finished with a sauce of butter, Worcestershire, Frank's and some garlic & onion.
ABTsBuffalostyle38_zpsc08835be.jpg

The sandwich was so good I was too stuffed to eat the ABTs. Tried the blue cheese though and they were very good. Next time I will just char up the jalapeños, slice and add to the sandwich. I will also get some better bread.

The ABTs ready to come off!
ABTSBuffaloStyle1_zps003bc7e9.jpg

ABTSBuffaloStyle2_zps59ad00a1.jpg

Nice looking ATB's. What method did you use to core them? I've never seen ones with the little "doors" or whatever.

I place the jalapeño between two small cutting boards and slice just below the stem and slightly up from the bottom. I then slice between the two slices for the doors. I then clean out the seeds and ribs with a rounded cake decorating tool.

Back