THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Happened upon a 3 bone section of beef ribs when I was at Costco several weeks ago, and the weather was great today so I decided to cook them.

Trimmed most of the fat and silver skin and fat off the top, sprayed some duck fat spray on both sides, then seasoned with a combo of Oakridge BBQ Black Ops and SPOGOS.

Onto the Primo XL around 300*, Jealous Devil lump and a mix of cherry, pecan, and hickory wood chips thrown onto the coals at random times.

Went on the smoker at 10am, off at 3pm, then into the Alto Shaam @ 145* until serving time a few hours later.

Served along side corn on the cob and a cheddar bay biscuit - I’m stuffed :becky:

Your rub & smoker time/temp led to that killer bark, but that long and low temp hold in the Alto Sham was what hit it out of the park. Of course, you already know this, that's why you did it!!:mrgreen:

Your rub & smoker time/temp led to that killer bark, but that long and low temp hold in the Alto Sham was what hit it out of the park. Of course, you already know this, that's why you did it!!:mrgreen:

Yeah, that’s a newer acquisition I’m still experimenting with but I’m liking the results. While the pics didn’t really capture it, the ribs gushed juices when you applied a little pressure to them. Not too shabby for choice :thumb:

Back