THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Been several months since cooking a brisket. Found a trimmed point and been aging a flat. Forecast calling for wind snow and rain next couple days. Today will be be a grand time to cook both. Primo Oval XL, B&B XL lump, B&B Post oak chips throughout and a B&B mini hickory split. Meats are seasoned, cooker coming to temp as I type. Hot and fast is the goal. By that I mean in the area of 325°

Last edited:
Winds are on blast out of the south. Hike limited to one mile and change. United Grocery store nearby urban hiking grounds so stopped in. Butcher was moving high end TriTips to the bargain bin from butcher case. Smallish but regular $20+ marked down to 11-12$. Reckon he put 7-8 in bin so grabbed 3. Found a small rack St Louis cut spares $11. Arrived home and internal temps of brisket were 170-175°. Found my pink butcher paper and wrapped. I'm out of beef tallow so sat brisket on foil to catch some T. Wrapped and lid shut. Smoke Continuing onward and sideways upward

Last edited:
This may end up smoked 4 wrapped 1 and into cooler for a couple hours. Probe just inserted to thickest part of flat

Last edited:
Bacon makes veggies mo better . Added a couple YT Grillers for some Soup, Stew or Chili

Bacon wrapped asparagus I'd something I haven't done I a while. don't know why cus they're good. sometimes stuff just falls off the radar. like why haven't I done hassleback potatoes lately?

I'm going to give this a solid 7.5. here's my thoughts. Taste and texture are spot on but just a tad drier than I'd liked. Unfortunately every now and then you hit that backyard brisket home run and the memory sticks.if I'd been served this in a restaurant I'd be happy.. that being said wife is on her second plate saying great job. Yea, 7.5

Last edited:
See that Operation BBQ Relief AP Rub. When I bought it and opened it at home I wasn't overly fond of the aroma just bottle sniffing. However everything I've cooked with it tastes fantastic and The Bride gives nothing but positive praise when I decide to use it.
Bottom line, getcha some as SmiittyJones would say. Don't judge off first sniff. SJ prolly said that too

I had the same experience with the Saigon rub from Oakridge...didn't like it by smell. Tried it on some spares and it was a keeper.

-D

Sometimes it’s the cow’s fault………. Like gay cows…… grass fed only cows……body conscious muscle head gym rat cows with low BMI ……..Longhorns……

Last edited:
Back