THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Id guess I cooked 12-15 last year. I started doing them for work parties and people really liked them. Now I have a group of people who pay for my brisket if I cook them one too. Good deal on both ends IMO

7-8, which is about my yearly average. I smoke butts about twice as often. I love smoking ribs but the better half doesn't eat them, so they are only for when we have company.

4-6 per year but I won't be spending weekends in the mountains on my motorcycle this spring, so maybe more this year. Usually cook 14-16 pounders, but I've been seeing some cute 10-12 pound prime packers at Sams. Maybe I'll start cooking more, smaller briskets.

Did 40+ last year (had family, church and work events) but probably average 12-18 a year.

Mostly get choice when on sale (less than $2/lb) and a few prime ($3 range) at Costco.

I usually do about 10 a year., most holidays plus a couple more that I take to work. I pick mine up at Kroger when they have them for 1.77 a pound.

I do about 6-10 a year that vary from 5-14 bucks a pound depending on the quality/grade. Honestly, I think I’m done with the higher end ones.
I currently have two Waygu packers in the freezer that I picked up for 6.49 a pound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dfw brethren. Went to Costco today and they had wagyu brisket at $4.99 a lb. I’ve never paid more than $2.99 a lb for prime and won’t pay anymore unless I absolutely had to. Never had wagyu it would be awesome to try. But not at that price point.

I probably smoke around 3 and grill another 4 a year. I prefer grilled brisket over smoked. It's around $2.69- $3.69 /lb for prime packer at Costco and Sam's.

Dfw brethren. Went to Costco today and they had wagyu brisket at $4.99 a lb. I’ve never paid more than $2.99 a lb for prime and won’t pay anymore unless I absolutely had to. Never had wagyu it would be awesome to try. But not at that price point.

best price i have seen. i passed on the wagyu cross breed briskets at $7 or $8. $120 or so was too much to experiment with for me. maybe a 12 pounder would have pushed me over the edge.

6-8 here too Adams. I do love playing with the temps as I'm a temp guy. And now it's overnight cooks with ATC (automatic temp control) with Bluetooth app.

Nothing but Choice grade or above I learned along time ago. Just the Wife and I here now so thank goodness for vac sealers.

Back