Brisket Help 11am Dinner Bell

Hi So what did you do with the brisket?
DanB

This weekend is when I'm cooking. I think I will cook and rest it Saturday, and right before bed I will put it into ~150 roaster oven, still wrapped in BP. I will throw some foil balls down on the bottom to keep it elevated. The next morning I will wrap in foil and towels, and put it into a cooler. I'm baking a pan of cheesy potatoes Sunday AM, and will toss that in the cooler on top of the brisket before we make our drive.

This weekend is when I'm cooking. I think I will cook and rest it Saturday, and right before bed I will put it into ~150 roaster oven, still wrapped in BP. I will throw some foil balls down on the bottom to keep it elevated. The next morning I will wrap in foil and towels, and put it into a cooler. I'm baking a pan of cheesy potatoes Sunday AM, and will toss that in the cooler on top of the brisket before we make our drive.

Sounds like a solid plan, let us know how it goes.

Overall, I think the brisket went OK. My lack of brisket experience showed a little. I ended up with a decently cooked flat I think, but the point was overcooked. That, and it was really fatty. I could not slice the point very well, which is why I say it was probably overcooked.

Hard to know if the long hold helped or hurt the meat. It was definitely a jiggly chunk of beef. Obviously no texture/bark to speak of after that long of a hold. Moisture was pretty good. I did inject with Kosmos Reserve and au jus.

Sorry, I did not take any pics of the finished product. Just one at the 7hr mark when I went to wrap. It was a 15lb brisket, probably trimmed off a couple pounds. Ended up cooking for 12 hrs. First 7 at 225, then bumped up to 275, and then 300 later on.
94c366965ce6738bdf56abc318f46a9d.jpg

That looks good, sounds like you were that close
If the point was fatty and hard to slice, I would say it was undercooked.
You can chop it and keep cooking

Back