THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fat Freddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Fred
I ordered last Friday and today received a Double R ranch brisket. Double R ranch is a division of Snake river farms except it is choice instead of wagyu. They say they are aged 28 days before shipped and shipped frozen and I got partially thawed.

My question is my next comp is the 20th and 21st. Should I refreeze or would it be ok to go ahead and let thaw in a dedicated 38* fridge that i use for aging? It will end up being 42 days if their 28 days is accurate and that is longer than I have done before. I have been told go no more than 45 days but since I truly dont know how long it has been aged before i just want to play it safe, but I feel confident that Double R(SRF) is giving good info since they have so many competitors that use them because of their reputation

It depends on how long it's been frozen. Freezing slows bacteria growth but does not Stop it. Also thawing will break down tissues and accelerate the aging process. You should never refreeze.

Back