THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There are a lot of folks that do this, in some parts of Canada, they refer to a cured brisket that is smoked as smoked beef, from what I have heard, it is not the same as corned beef. Although, corned beef really refers to a salt-cured brisket and nothing more. From my perspective, anytime we are injecting briskets with salt-heavy injections, we are, de facto brining briskets. I have to say, the use of pink salt is going to affect color. The amount of salt actually will also define the nature of how the meat is changed. If the soak time and sodium content is properly balanced, it won't cure the meat. I am interested on how this goes.

It's called Montreal Smoked Meat up here in Cannuckistan, when I moved here,I thought it was Canadian pastrami, it's similar.

Back