THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokinEdge

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Eric
Been thinking about potato sausage lately just something different from the day to day sausage. Anyway I make a very tasty Cumberland style breakfast sausage and thought why not mix with roasted potatoes and scrambled eggs with some 505 red enchilada sauce for liquid and stuff in hog casings. Grill them up and cool. Now you have a heat and serve breakfast sausage to wrap in a tortilla in the morning and go about life on the go. These are delicious btw.

IMG_2068.jpeg
IMG_2067.jpeg
IMG_2071.jpeg
Linked up

IMG_2070.jpeg
Fry test from the leftover in the stuffer. Delicious

IMG_2072.jpeg
The cut shot. The potatoes did not go through the grinder just small diced and roasted.

Thank you all for the kind comments, I do appreciate it.
As another note, I used Yukon golds in this because of their more waxy texture and feel they won’t be as dry as say a russet would be here. Reds would work well too.

Looks delicious! One of the reasons I like making breakfast fatties. Sausage and tatoes seem to go well together. (at least for my taste buds) (y)

Looks delicious! One of the reasons I like making breakfast fatties. Sausage and tatoes seem to go well together. (at least for my taste buds) (y)
Thank you, and I agree. Spuds are my main centerpiece to a meal, not always just usually. I love breakfast and I love steaks, both of them love spuds. Win win. And I’ll eat either anytime of day.

Awesome! I grind my own, too, into patties for sandwiches. That would be a great addition. My son likes a sausage, egg and cheese bagel or muffin to start his day, so I make a dozen at a time and freeze. Can't wait to add taters.

Holy, just blew my sausage mind. What a great idea! That would be awesome. Could we add some egg and have a complete meat, potato, and egg breakfast sausage?? Or anytime sausage, lol. Maybe throw some toast in there too! You just blew my sausage mind WIDE open. Thanks! ;);)

You are onto a winner there. Totally love it. Not sure if there is any more room in the mix, but if there is, I'd recommend some halloumi cheese. It's a solid cheese and won't melt in a sausage. MIght be a case of potato or halloumi but not both? My keto bent tends to lean towards the halloumi.

Either way, I love it.

Cheers!

Bill

Back