Brand New Rec Tek RT 340- Teriyaki Sesame Fresh Wild King Salmon

Chett. L

is one Smokin' Farker
Decided to move up to a Rec Tek Smoker RT 340. Assembled the unit yesterday with no difficulty. We’ve been eating so much meat that we decided to cook some fresh Wild King Salmon.

I used the following ingredients:

Marinated Salmon in Veri Teriyaki for 30 minutes in the fridge.

Japanese mayonnaise called Kewpie.

Then sprinkled an ample amount of Brooklyn Everything Bagel on top of the salmon.

Cooked at 325 then up to 425, when the fish hit an internal temperature of 148, I took it off.

All in all everyone thought it was pretty tasty but there is room for improvement, like the fish wasn’t cooked enough and maybe I put a little too much Japanese mayonnaise on the salmon.

Perhaps next time I will take the fish up to an internal temperature of 155 and test and taste.

I want to thank everyone that help me continue & improve my understanding of cooking methods.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 180
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 179
I want to thank everyone that help me continue & improve my understanding of cooking methods.

Thank you.

I am glad you took the right path to smoking. I can't even count on 10 fingers how much $$$ i spent on electric, charcoal smokers over the years till I finally went pellet.

Congrats on the Rec Tec Chet! I am sure you will love it. The salmon looks really good too! I prefer mine little less done than the wife. At 148 that should have been well done, were you at the thickest part? Maybe next time double check with an instant read.

I am also jealous of your backyard :becky:

Congrats on the Rectec! The salmon looks great! Soy Vay is my favorite bottled teriyaki sauce!

Congrats on the Rec Tec Chet! I am sure you will love it. The salmon looks really good too! I prefer mine little less done than the wife. At 148 that should have been well done, were you at the thickest part? Maybe next time double check with an instant read.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
Next time I will use the pen and check.

Back