THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@Phil, we did cornbread in dutch ovens this way as well. The other sides were not.
@Teleking, Sometimes the 90 mins is too long, and the bird will split and fall to the ground, and onto clean foil, if you notice we shovel away as much coals as possible and lift the can slowly and be ready to catch the bird. After we shovel away, we wait 2 mins to let the dust settle.
@ Wes, think we can do Armadillo like this?

Thanks Oz
(BTW, trying my Bubba with temp controller as a test right now to see how long it will go)

I've done 7-8 hours easily on a chimney and a half of lump. Fill the bottom with a full unlit chimney then pour a half of lit lump. dampers full open, wait till it hits about 50d over where you want it to be, then close both dampers to 1 and even less and it should go down to the temp you want and maintain it steady...I love my Bubba Keg!

That is really neat! As a Scoutmaster myself I am always looking at new things to grab their interest. What are you cooking in the Dutch Ovens in the background? Stuffing? Veggies? We are definitely going to try this on a campout next year.

Back