THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phillip can I get the bristle back? I want to stick it back on the brush.:icon_blush:

Did you find any foriegn material on the mushrooms?

DP "Fit for Life" I told you those old Toilet Brushes loose their bristles,, we've had great luck with Granny's old tooth brushes and the little rubber thingy is great for diggin the flys out of the honey :)

We're getting revved up! Do you really get more points for basting brush bristles in your pork? And, do we all need to walk up to collect our moneyor just the chief cook...

Collect our money - you mean you can actually win money at one of these things - when did that start happening? The Perry Brothers always told us to just go home after they so kindly ran our boxes for us. You don't think they were just bullsh#%ting us do you?
icon8.gif
Dang they seemed like such nice boys.

Uh, yeah, and they turn in cold chicken as well. Great pointers guys. We know what you're up to...

Well, we're just assuming we're gonna win on our first time out. :wink:

The Perry Brothers are always glad to help. Sid puts on a great class around 10am till about 2pm on Saturdays if anyone is interested.

No, you can't have the bristle back! One of the juges probably kept it as a souvenier.

Gotta feeling this is gonna be a wild weekend. Hope thye have our cart all fueled up because it looks like we may be making a bunch of trips out to see cooks during turn-ins!!!!!

Phillip

No, you can't have the bristle back! One of the juges probably kept it as a souvenier.

Gotta feeling this is gonna be a wild weekend. Hope thye have our cart all fueled up because it looks like we may be making a bunch of trips out to see cooks during turn-ins!!!!!

Phillip

Be sure and let me know if the Perry Brothers do any shiggin at New Albany like they did at Jeffersonville. We don't tolerate that in Kettering and if they're still up to their old tricks, I might have to make the cut-off at 36.......which, coincidentally is where we are right now.

We had a rough weekend. I am going to drink water & gatorades the whole time while keeping out of sight. :rolleyes:

Well since I am the new shig master, what does everyone use for hangovers?

Congrats to Hoosier Crawdaddy (GC) and Perry Brothers (RGC). Great to see these teams take the big calls. Good job guys!!!!

We had a great time this weekend. The weather was not as bad as last week so that helped us. Thanks everyone! i didnt drink too much while we competed but it is on now!

Results

WOW!! Who's Idea was that?? to Plan an event in three months two weeks and 8 grand to get everything done,, Guys I Can't express my graditute to ya, for coming and supporting our efforts at a State Championship Event. I'm am Just Tickled for Hoosier Crawdaddy and those Perry Brothers,, see Dale maybe you should pour a basement the day before every contest.. I learned alot this weekend,, delegate, Delegate, DELEGATE!!,, we had so many people on Friday Night they just Rocked me back on my heels and I worked all night Hustling to get Pork ready for Sat Car Show. I came out around Four and the Smoke Smelled Heavenly, All Our Backyard cooked Four and had some great smoke of their own flowing,, a Very Close Backyard results left B and R Sales of Salem Indiana our winning of the Free Pro Spot at Oct 9th and 10 Hoosier Daddy State Championship in New Albany. Here's our top five results:
1 Hoosier Crawdaddy
2 Perry Brothers & Sons
3 Pirates of the Grill
4 Monty Pigthon and the Holy Grill
5 Shigs and Pit
Our Goal Was to put on a Cook Friendly, Family Oriented Event, and Promote KCBS BBQ without disrupting the Weekend church services of our congregation of 7000 people and WE DID IT!! And I Applaud you Guys,,,,and Girls!!!!
Thanks again and see ya down the road
PORKCHOP
PS
KATHY AND PHILLIP, Charles and Velma ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE,,, and have patience too,,
thanks you for your help,,,and oh yea Mr UT you got one coming friend :)

We Had a Blast, but no one told me I wouldn't be able to sleep,, gotta get one of those pellet-poopers,,A girl has to get her Beauty Sleep, Oh Yea! P-Brothers it wasn't just your chicken,, It was that New Girlie Basting Brush that SOMEONE got You that put the finish on your Bird :) CONGRATS FRIEND

We had a great time this weekend. The weather was not as bad as last week so that helped us. Thanks everyone! i didnt drink too much while we competed but it is on now!

I think we need a ruling on this - I for one believes this type of behavior gives a team an unfair advantage.
icon8.gif

Thanks Kendra, its good to have friends and the brush did come in handy. You girls did give it your all. Its tough staying up all night feeding the fire.

Hey Sid, You know what gives teams an advantage? I do. AC! The greatest invention ever. I cant believe Connie told us how you cook brisket. It really helped us so please give her a big ol hug for us!:smile:

Hey Lippy, come on over and we can practice our ribs later today. I have the smoker set up far awy from any shade so we can have that comp feel going on.

Lastly, a big thank you to Porkchop for all the hard work he did.

We had AC this time. We didnt have AC at Jeffersonville, but that isnt going to happen again. At Jeff, we got so hot, we quit.

Congrats Dale!!!!!!! That is awesome.....good to see Hoosier get it done as well.....damn, Kettering just got a little more interesting.....

Back