THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would like to come and check out this competition.
It will be my first. What should i expect and when would be the best time to drop by?

Thanks for any suggestions,
jonboy

Jonboy
Stop by and see Dale @ Perry Brothers and Sid Monty Pigthon and ask ALL the questions you CAN around let see,,,,,, around 11:45am till 1:15pm Sat would be great!!!! NAW I'm Just Chittin Ya,, Friday Night is Best to see how everyone preps and starts the meat,, Friday Night is Always relaxed and teams will invite you in,, Sat is totally a different story Perry Brothers are usaully up to their shenanigans,, tossing roofing shingles in their neighbor's firebox,, Best was the Pam Label over the WD-40 can,, I couldn't taste the difference,, Stop By Juicy Butts and give me a Shout -
Porkchop

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks will be there!! Can't wait for a good time!

Make sure us girls are parked close to cleanest port-a-pots!

Hot Racks we're keeping our eyes on ya'll,,and have them putting you right next to us,,It's going to be fun to watch ya'll get in a porta-pot,, we all know you women can't go unless all of you go together,,hahahaha BE Good and Call Me, if you need me 502-664-7102
Chops

Last edited:
Thanks for watching out for us J.B. / you guys really using mustard,, must be alot of North Carolina judges huh?

Dont forget to use vinegar. Lots of mustard & vinegar. I have been told that the Judges in Indiana like cilantro instead of parsley. We will see.
If you need any help, just give us a shout.

Dont forget to use vinegar. Lots of mustard & vinegar. I have been told that the Judges in Indiana like cilantro instead of parsley. We will see.

We are taking a lot of notes - great info. We are changing up everything after what we learned from you guys.

Jonboy
Stop by and see Dale @ Perry Brothers and Sid Monty Pigthon and ask ALL the questions you CAN around let see,,,,,, around 11:45am till 1:15pm Sat would be great!!!! NAW I'm Just Chittin Ya,, Friday Night is Best to see how everyone preps and starts the meat,, Friday Night is Always relaxed and teams will invite you in,, Sat is totally a different story Perry Brothers are usaully up to their shenanigans,, tossing roofing shingles in their neighbor's firebox,, Best was the Pam Label over the WD-40 can,, I couldn't taste the difference,, Stop By Juicy Butts and give me a Shout -
Porkchop

Dale does love company on comp day.

I do. I am bringing my little boy with me to cook the ribs. He hates company so everyone stay away until at least 2:15 Saturday or else he may get upset. I cant figure where he gets that temper.

Skinny,,make sure you have the Smokey Jeep shined up for the TV camera's,,,and don't just spit on it this time,,

HA ! Why so they can film more Brats cookin ?? :lol:

I'll even rinse it out for it's 2 in comming guests. :mrgreen:

Dale them Judges like those Adobo & Anchoe Chili powders too. Goes good with them Cilantro Vinegar based sauces. :mrgreen:

Ohhh and don't forget to put Jalapeno's on your Fruit Kabobs. :wink:

J.B., you really think Pussywillow wood would work?

We have some old water maple wood from a tree we just had cut down. Might bring that too.:wink:

Dang Pork Chop that TV work is hard !!! :lol:

I bet I had 20 calls about us smearin BBQ sauce on the camera guys lens. :icon_devil

LeAnn here we come !!!

Come on guys,,,,we need a few more teams to sign up for Cruzin Blues !!!

We not be quite full yet. :!::!::!:

I was lucky enough to meet Dale and his team Friday night at the Jeffersonville comp. He took the time to show me and my wife around and answered a few questions. Sure seems to be a lot of misconceptions as to what Hoosiers like. Sycamore? Pussywillow? Water Maple? Might want to leave that stuff on your side of the creek, and bring plenty of pine and locust instead. Guaranteed winning combination.

Back