Blackstone 20% discount at Dick's Sporting Goods

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
For the 4th of July family cookout I had all three grills fired up but still had these crazy thoughts (ok, not crazy in this forum) that for what I was grilling I could have used a Blackstone propane griddle. I was thinking of the smaller 22" portable one at Walmart but managed with the three grills and a CI pizza pan (and had dismissed the idea from my head of needing a 4th grill).

It doesn't mean I'm not still looking and came across this deal today that I feel obligated to pass on to the brethren. Cyber Monday 20% off deal today July 8th at Dick's Sporting Goods, online sales only. And they carry Blackstone. Figuring that Blackstone was excluded from the discount I warily added it to my cart. Their current price is $249 for either the black model or the Stainless Steel one. Will the 20% off apply? YUP! A 36" Blackstone might be in my future. Hmm, now which one to get?

Free shipping to store for the 36" black model, with MA tax around $212. The Stainless Steel one won't ship to store but will ship to me at a discounted rate, final price $225.

I'm leaning towards the SS one and it's in my cart. Do I need a 4th grill? Nope. At this price is it too good to pass up? Definitely.

Regards,
-lunchman

I'm excited to see pics of your inaugural cook :wink:

I think both would be a great option whichever route you go

I got the Stainless one on almost the same deal last month. I love the extra room compared to my old 28". Congrats.

It's assembled and seasoned. My local Market Basket carries Flax Seed Oil, so that's what I went with. I sat out back on the deck and put on about 4-5 applications of oil, it blackened up nicely but I wish the bugs would have stopped committing suicide on the hot surface.

This should be a new, fun endeavor for me. Tomorrow morning I'll decide whether it's pancakes or omelets. But the Mrs has requested Fish Tacos for dinner so we'll see how long it takes for me to get accustomed to cooking on this.

I've got a cover on order and some woodworking ideas to keep it up off the griddle surface which I read can be an issue with water pooling.

More later.

-Dom

Back