THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunter7

Found some matches.
Ive been looking everywhere for ideas for a recipe. Tried some Black Bean and Salsa smokies a couple months ago. They were a trial run from a major meat processor and were very good. Unfortunately they are not in production yet. Have been looking everywhere for a recipe for this type of sausage and having zero luck. They are basically your typical smokie , or german style sausage with the added beans and salsa. Any one have any ideas where I might get a recipe, or input on creating my own ?

The sausage from calahoo meats sound similar. My niece actually works for maple leaf meats and she brought some for a BBQ that we had last summer. The sausage making itself isn't a problem, just trying to figure out the ratios of bean and salsa and possibly extra spice to put in my mix.

Back