THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know you are probably tired of my campfire cooks by now!!

That;s never gonna happen. Cowgirl, you are amazing. I love the tractor rim cooking that you do, and I love going through the recipes on your blog. Please keep up the good work. We'd like to be able to share your campsite one day and taste some of this fantastic grub you whip up. :-D

I ate breakfast at a smoke house a while back and instead of biscuits, they used sausage gravy on top of cottage fries. Now, I truly love gravy on my biscuits, and I love potatoes cooked with the onions (I also add sliced bell pepper, garlic and butter), but combining the sausage gravy AND the fried potato slices is a killer.

I've followed your blog for around a year now and everything always looks great. Just joined this forum and it's great to see your stuff here. Excellent

Thanks everyone!

is that really all it is? flour, milk, and sausage? ooooh snap
Yep that's about it. The spicy sausage drippings flavor the gravy. It's a great breakfast after sitting up too late the night before beside the campfire. :-D

Out camping making great grub, and sharing your recipes with us. Nicely Done! One of my all time weaknesses is Biscuits n Gravy! Looks grubbin!
Did you lug the rim out there or was it part of the camp?

Thank you Toploader... yes I bring my tractor rim with me, also the grate. This tractor rim belonged to my friend, we used theirs because they got to the lake before me and had it unloaded. (the grate is mine)
Mine loads easily in the pickup and I just tip it on the side to roll it where I need it.

That;s never gonna happen. Cowgirl, you are amazing. I love the tractor rim cooking that you do, and I love going through the recipes on your blog. Please keep up the good work. We'd like to be able to share your campsite one day and taste some of this fantastic grub you whip up. :-D

I ate breakfast at a smoke house a while back and instead of biscuits, they used sausage gravy on top of cottage fries. Now, I truly love gravy on my biscuits, and I love potatoes cooked with the onions (I also add sliced bell pepper, garlic and butter), but combining the sausage gravy AND the fried potato slices is a killer.

Thanks Sly-One! That would be nice to share a campfire with you! I love fried potatoes smothered in sausage gravy too!! :becky:

I've followed your blog for around a year now and everything always looks great. Just joined this forum and it's great to see your stuff here. Excellent

Thank you for looking at my blog, I appreciate it DIRTYBIRDZ! I've enjoyed this forum for awhile now...there are some really nice people here. :)

Me and the wife love our B&G too! Now the last couple of meals you made (this one and the campfire ribeyes) either you are a really hungry girl or your making some other folks really really happy with all that cooking... :clap:

I tried to resist opening this thread as I am very hungry right now and I know what great viddles you produce Jeanie.

I got what I deserved....More Hungry!!

Thanks Jeanie!

Thanks for the kind comments friends!

Me and the wife love our B&G too! Now the last couple of meals you made (this one and the campfire ribeyes) either you are a really hungry girl or your making some other folks really really happy with all that cooking... :clap:

I mentioned camping to one person, then two. The first person invited 2 more...those 2 invited 5 more... it kind of turned into a group really quick!
Sometimes there were just 2 of us there and sometimes there were up to 9. I never knew how many would be there to eat. :-D
I was able to stay a few extra days after everyone left.

Okay, I have to ask, how do you brown your potatoes without them sticking to the pan, I can never do it.

Tom I've not had a sticking problem with my cast iron skillets. I like to heat them with a little bit of oil before dumping the tatoes in but sometimes I just set the skillet full of tatoes on the fire and wait til they brown on one side before turning.
Not any help.. I know!! :redface:

Maybe it's luck! :becky:

Thanks!!!

Back