THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
The slow cooker is 8 1/2 quarts so this is about 2 gallons. Got some nice CAB shoulder roast on sale for 2.89/lb. Seasoned it with a little cumin and The Rub Co. Santa Maria, and let it air dry over night in the fridge. The beans were soaked over night as well, and started first thing this morning. Put the roasts on the kettle indirect for a couple hours for smoke, then gave them a sear. They were about 140 IT and rested a bit while I chopped an onion, bell pepper, diced a couple large jalapenos, minced some garlic cloves, then cubed the beef. into the pot with the beans. Added Big Ron's chili spice mix and let it go. After three hours three cans of diced tomatoes and a small can of tomato paste went in. At the end in a couple more hours I'll add a little masa harina. It's smelling pretty good in the house right now...

shoulder_zpskftpls8s.jpg

shoulder1_zpsds7sydqz.jpg

roast1_zpsknuqoh78.jpg

roast_zpscgzla6xm.jpg

roast2_zpstmpju6ig.jpg

roast3_zpsrqp8btuu.jpg

roast4_zpsq17ep6xl.jpg

roast5_zpsxp62hzwd.jpg

roast6_zpsxjee0kzh.jpg

roast7_zpsbtqfpsqc.jpg

beans_zpsmunvqru3.jpg

cubed_zpsafdd41oe.jpg