THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sandiegobbq

is one Smokin' Farker
Best thing: UDS by far.

Worst Thing: When I started BBQing about 12 years ago I tried to fit about
10 racks rolled in my WSM. I bought some cheap skewers and some needle and thread to tie them together. Needless to say I made it work but it could
have been a disaster!

What was your best and worst?

Best: UDS/Thermapen

Worst: Electric ECB. I still use it for beans and stuff like that but with very little control over temp its just not that useful.

Best: Stubbs charcoal
worst: Lawhorn's signature seasoning. (Not at all what I anticipated)

edit: I have to agree with the consensus about Cowboy brand lump. It blows bigtime!

Last edited by a moderator:
Best: Our cooker itself is the best thing I've ever purchased, even more so than my house that the ex-wife and her new husband live in...:rolleyes: Beyond that, cambro holding cabinets are amazing. I'm shocked at what they can do.

The Worst: A char broil H2O smoker, granted it is what got me hooked on bbq and motivated me to find a cooker that could still cook in wind/rain/snow...

Best: WSM & thermapen

Worst: Everything people give me as gifts because they think they know what i want/need. So far i've either given it away, tossed it, or it's sitting some where in the house and i could care less.

Best: My subscription here. It has led to my ET-72, a ribolator for my gasser, my almost finished UDS and a ton of knowledge.

Worst - I have blanked them out of my memory. Only I only remember BBQ happiness...

I'm too new at this to have a great best/worst situation...

Best: UDS
Worst: Probably the el-cheapo brinkmann vertical I tried to get away with in the beginning.

Back