THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best thing: the plans from the internet on how to contstruct a trailer smoker
The worst thing: the 300 gallon trailer cooker I bought from an add posted at a store. With the plans it was remade into a nice efficient smoker (the only origional part remaining is the 300 gallon tank)

Interesting query.

Best: Without question my BGE.

Worst is not so easy to articulate. Everything I've owned to cook outdoors has always provided me a constructive learning opportunity.

Would I buy an ECB today? No; but when I had one, I learned to use it and it increased my knowledge and prepared me to better appreciate what would follow. Everything I've owned has either been passed on, wore out or is still with me.

So with all that said....

Worst: *If* I were to receive it, the BBQ Smoke Cologne.

Best - Wife who is willing to get me a beer, hand me the tongs and do miscellaneous other things while I am cooking.

Worst - cheap cedar planks that caught fire during my last salmon cook

Best: Custom Reverse Flow 55 Gallon Drum Offset a.k.a. Posey's Pork Pit :clap2:

Worst: Purchasing a 3rd electric element in as many years for the Mecco Electric Bullet ~ should have given it up after 2! :doh:

Best - $250 Bubba Keg new on Craigslist, Thermapen

Worst - Nothing yet, big thanks to being able to search this site on information before purchasing things

Best: Any of my smokers; Jambo, Bubba Keg, UDS, mini-WSM. Each has it's own strengths.

Worst: ET-732. It never worked well and the probes died during the 1st cook.

Lot of folks seem to like their Thermapens.
When I first joined this site earlier this year, I thought... who are these idiots paying $100 dollars for a thermometer. Now, I'm the idiot for not buying one right from the start. I've learned enough to know the general time frame when something is done, and just probe it with the thermapen to check, and it also helps if you are cooking over 100 peices of chicken and some smarta@@ insists it isn't done and all you have to do is hit it with the thermo and send them back under the rock from which the only chicken they know is a breast that tastes like cardboard and is dry as sandpaper... ok. sorry, back to the BEST/WORST thing.

Back