THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am drooling all over myself, just imagining how great all these different regional sausages taste. I like 99% of the sausage I try, even bad sausages are pretty good.

Some of the really good sausages that I like are just too expensive for me. Alpine Village in Torrance, CA makes a number of European sausages in house. Most are really great, especially the weisswurst, I love that stuff! But, they price them by the quarter pound, so they end up over $10/lb, for ground encased meat. Way over my price threshold.

What about Boudain?
The boudin that they sell in the local grocers is decent enough, though I never see a real variety, so I never bothered with looking at the brands.

Maybe I need to bring a cooler to mardi gras this year and bring me some real stuff home.

Cooler of real boudin. Nice visual. Very nice.

Iin case your interested Albertsons has Farmland All Beef sausage rings 3@10$
And Echrich all flavors 2.99 ring. These brands are great dash in dash out. Not as tasty as Slovacek Garlic, but like Peeps and boudin when in SE Texas it's a cooler load coming home. Opa's is good, but not at three times the price of those mentioned above IMHO.

Last edited:
Cooler of real boudin. Nice visual. Very nice.

Iin case your interested Albertsons has Farmland All Beef sausage rings 3@10$
And Echrich all flavors 2.99 ring. These brands are great dash in dash out. Not as tasty as Slovacek Garlic, but like Peeps and boudin when in SE Texas it's a cooler load coming home. Opa's is good, but not at three times the price of those mentioned above IMHO.

Echrich actually IS a good brand. For the coin, not a bad choice.

as mentioned Opa's is very good and Slovacek's jalapeno & cheese is the best sausage I have ever had
we get our brat's and knackwurst from Wisconsin
BJ's wholesale sells a really good italian sausage but I forget the brand name

Funny...I did a search for Kroger in my area, and the search yielded 3 Quik Stop gas stations, and a jewelry store. :doh:

If you like Johnsonville's, and you have a Kroger in your area, the Kroger brand knock offs aren't bad either. I really like their sweet Italian ones.

Kroger (or Ralphs as they call it here in Cali) is the only other brand I'll get if I absolutely have to have it and everything is closed/unavailable.

Richards, Savoies, or Veron andouille.

I can vouch for all three of these. I love Richards and Veron. I didn't know they sold them in Va though???

Move to Louisiana. Off the top of my head we have Richard's, Savoie's, Veron's, French Settlement, Martin, Manda, and Big Easy. I'm sure I'm missing a few. Every grocery store also makes there own store brand smoked sausage. I used to work in a meat department at a local grocery store. When we would get a batch of smoked sausage hot out the smoker to package for sale, I used to do a lot of QC.

Back