THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simply Marvelous Cherry is my go to pork rub. So much so, that I now buy it by the 5lb bag. As a matter of fact, I like all of Steph's rub.

I use yardbird. Anyone try Bill Cannon's Texas Bbq rub? I have had good results with this rub too.

I really like the Texas bbq rubs I always keep some of that on hand.
Oakridge rubs and The Rub co. are also real good. Next on my list is Simply Marvelous and Smokin Guns.

I have a closet full of about 20 different commercial rubs. My wife and I do not agree on which is the best. And my friends prefer a third different rub.

In that case,I would write down the name of all you have on hand,dump them in a big container,mix well and try that.In the event that you cannot reach a consensus on the mixed rubs,(like it,do not like it,meh),I would start over,making sure that I did not replicate the purchase of a previously purchased rub until I found a new brand with a happy medium that MOST guests and myself liked.No one can please Everyone.Once you reach 20 new rubs,repeat until you find the one you are happy with.Good Hunting!!!

Back