Best Offset (Direct or Reverse) other than Shirley (2 years is too long of a wait)

I don’t have enough experience to say which one is the best but I am pretty happy with my smoker.

Any backyard offset I buy in the future will be top flow with side exhaust (new LSG, Jambo, Outlaw) just side exhaust (Franklin? Old LSG), or reverse flow with center exhaust (Evie Maes). The old school traditional flow with top exhaust no longer makes sense to me.

All of the new LSG are this way or which models are you referring to? (Sorry not exactly grasping the difference between the traditional flow with the side exhaust and a top flow with a side exhaust.)

Last edited:
Got it. I saw the video on them. Top firebox entry into the cook chamber and low side exhaust. Seems like it would be an easy modification to the pipe models.

I don't see baffles in any of them per se. Just direct vent into the cooking chamber and tuning plates. What am I missing? Which style is this one:

Thats your standard traditional flow like mine. It's just a hole in the wall between the firebox and the cook chamber. There will be a lip (baffle) above the hole to direct the heat further into the cook chamber as pictured.

w6pkbm.jpg

A top flow design wont have this expanded metal area. The heat from the firebox will come out of the firebox and go straight up where this expanded metal is, putting the heat from the firebox in the upper right corner instead of dumping it under the bottom grate like mine.

2cygys6.jpg

Got it. Thanks! Wonder if that's something they can customize on their current pipe models.

I have a 24x48 single door LSG w the warming box. Runs great ,no issues with airflow,cooks like a champ...and can fit an 85lb hog if you take the head off and "shorten" the legs. It is more expensive getting the single door w the counter balance but was worth it for me.

Love having the space the single door provides. Don't regret not having an insulated firebox either. Warming oven helps a lot and imho is a good investment. Cook on it alone all the time.

I see them spamming on my Craigslist everywhere and their operation seem like another shady builder in the deep backwoods of Georgia. They claim to have to have been in business since 2009, but have no customers, no feedback, nothing. Just some photoshopped pics and tshirts. Even Donnie Boston can come up with some pictures of actual builds.

No way I would give them $1.

I wondered the same thing when i checked them out. That's a long time to be in business without anything online to show for it.

I see them spamming on my Craigslist everywhere and their operation seem like another shady builder in the deep backwoods of Georgia. They claim to have to have been in business since 2009, but have no customers, no feedback, nothing. Just some photoshopped pics and tshirts. Even Donnie Boston can come up with some pictures of actual builds.

No way I would give them $1.

I agree with the quality of the website and other concerns. The prices seem to good to be true considering what others are building similarly designed pits for. Was mainly curious if anyone had first had experience with them and they are in fact legit. I don't want to be the first to roll the dice either

I forgot to add Bully Pits to the list. He’s got a Facebook page. Good looking stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back